“Average at Best. Misses on Basics.”

Abridged Beer Company
Ranked #393 of 1 231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Description: At Abridged Beer Company, we seek to create a memorable brewpub experience through a wide variety of beer styles paired with a fast-casual, southern inspired pub menu. Grab a bite to eat from the kitchen and settle in with a pint or two at our friendly Bearden neighborhood hangout.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Nice layout and pub food. Has potential, but misses on some basics. -1 star for prices and -1 for no WiFi.

This is Knoxville, not Boston. $5 for a 12 ounce beer is not appropriate. Being from San Diego where we have 150+ microbreweries and a higher cost of living, this place is overpriced. Not having WiFi for the guests is another miss. It's expected these days. And in the business' best interests as it keeps people hanging around longer.
The best beer I tried is the Kolsch. Average overall.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We enjoyed our night at the Abridged Beer Company. The Company is a big room that is wide open with plenty of seating plus a patio with much outdoor seating. A broad selection of craft beers that are all quite good. The staff was friendly and helpful. The limited food selection is really very good and I would go there for the food alone. You order your food and drinks at the counter and they will bring your food to you. And yes, children are welcome.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

My wife, daughter, and I have been frequent visitors to Abridged since they opened in August 2017. IMHO, they are the only local craft beer brewery where the food they serve is just as delicious as the beers they brew. I highly suggest when you visit that you order an Abridged Burger $13, and the Alright Alright DIPA along with the Alright3 Triple IPA. Their other selections are home runs too, but the two previously mentioned beers are my favorites. Keep in mind they are closed on Sunday & Monday, and Tuesday through Thursday they open at 4 PM, and Friday & Saturday they open at 12 PM. The owners, Jesse & Lyndsay are awesome, and the rest of the Abridged staff are great too! I promise you will enjoy your visit to Abridged.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

This is a cool venue. Really good unfiltered beers. Food is pretty tasty too but a bit expensive. Setup is different as there are no servers but they run food to your table. Would go again.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

We were excited about a neighborhood style brewery that appears family friendly. My wife was impressed with menu and I was looking forward to the beer selection. I think they may struggle if they continue to avoid have true service. You order your food and beer McDonalds style at the eounter .The line was long on Saturday night and moved slowly. The food was slow and did not come out together. I was finished with my burger before my wife got her sandwich. No service for food. Kids wanted water but only option is office style jug in corner, which was empty. My wife walked in the back corner service sink and filled up their cups from the spray faucet. Employees were friendly but I have my doubts about the long term stability of the millennial style approach. I enjoyed the "downstairs" beer choice and my burger was good. My kids ordered hot wings but they were not delivered until we were about to leave. You pay for everything up front so incentive for service after the sale may be lacking. I would come here to hang with buddies for a beer or two, but would not consider for family dinner since Knoxville is saturated with this type of place now. Balter beer works offers the same beer options and barnwood vibe without the you having to get up from your table several times.

Lyndsay B, Owner at Abridged Beer Company, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Hello Busy T. We are sorry to hear your visit was less than ideal. We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve. We do apologize that the food your ordered came out so spaced apart. This is not how we typically send out food orders, nor is this our intention. Please know that we strive to provide our customers with excellent service regardless of whether you choose to pay for your food/drink at the start or end of your visit. We do have bottled Fiji water available for purchase, as well as several other soft drink options, but our intention is to have our complimentary water station available at all times. Had this been brought to our attention, we certainly would have filled it right away; although we will work harder to ensure we catch this earlier on. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your food and drink so we do hope you will return and give us another chance to show you we are a family friendly neighborhood brewpub.