“Passing Through But Had To Stop For View”
Review of Watauga Lake

Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Hampton
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This lake is beautiful. Nestled below the mountains with very pleasant temps in late July. I don't have much info on area but it is my understanding that part of the lake is 300 feet deep. They do offer cabin rentals and boat rentals. Instead of spending $4000 on a condo rental in Florida, I think we may rent a cabin here. I heard someone say that a three bedroom cabin rents for around $1800 per week? Not sure on exact prices.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We drove over from Roan Mountain looking for a place to picnic and put our Kayak in. The 2 public areas were really nice. Peaceful and a beautiful view

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Rented a pontoon boat for the lake and I must say! The views are breathtaking!!! I took so many photos because i was afraid I would miss something!!! Lake was perfect temp, people are super friendly and is the perfect sunday activity! Will come back!

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Watauga Lake is a huge lake near Hampton, TN. It extends for many miles north from the dam. The lake offers so much in recreation. We camped on the lake at Cardens Bluff which was a wonderful campground in the Cherokee National Park. There are many places to put a boat in and a few easy access places to swim.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Great. Just visited.will be back some day for sure. Clean, weather was great. Water is beautiful . Nothing left to say