“Great burger. Sweet potato”
Review of Jenkins Deli

Jenkins Deli
Ranked #6 of 214 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Jenkins Restaurant and Deli has been family owned and operated since March 15, 1976, serving many generations over the past 39 years. Recognized in National Geographic, Southern Living, Guns and Gardens, Tennessee Tourism website, and many local and regional publications. Known for our outstanding cuisine, long standing excellent service, warm hospitality, and community involvement. The all-time favorites are still on the menu; Jenkins' famous chicken salad, French dip, buffalo burger, and specialty soups and market items. New to the menu is a much-requested large fresh salad bar that has something for everyone. Our new location has a fun family atmosphere featuring a large model 'G' gauge train circling the dinning, a two sided fireplace with covered patio, and tons of local memorabilia tucked into every corner. Ask about our party room that seats up to 40 people, perfect for business or club meetings, wedding or baby showers, birthday parties or a social gathering.
Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

Great burger. Sweet potato fries delicious. Quick service. Fun atmosphere. Chicken strips very good.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (297)

Reviewed 29 October 2020 via mobile

Used to go to jenkins a lot at old location. I have tried the new location about once a year. And tonight was the worst . The waitress didnt want to be there. Didnt even mention half off appetizers only reason i knew i heard the table next to use order and ask. She ordered a zippy chicken sandwich it was good. I ordered the fish in fries. Gross. Cold. And the slaw was hot. From where it apparently had been under a heat light for a while. Didnt get our drinks refilled. Took forever to get a bill $28 !
I passed 50 restaurants on my way there , that would have been better than the hour i wasted tonight.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 3 October 2020

We got salads that were made so beautifully with homemade dressing and it hit the spot. Plus I got a loaded baked potato that was the best I've ever had. My husband ate the peelings of his..lol. We had prompt, courteous service and everything was clean and everyone careful. We will definitely be going back.

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 17 August 2020

The entrees were very good, spinach and chicken pasta and catfish dinner, however the baked potato was cold and the salad was average, waitress was friendly, but could have been more attentive.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 24 March 2020

Jenkins Deli is one of the longest standing restaurants in Cleveland. I was brought here by two friends who said it was an experience to have while visiting town. Inside, the walls are covered in photos, memorabilia, old kitschy items from generations past, and an actual little train on a track that circles around overhead. It really is wild. The menu is large and I ordered the red hot chicken finger basket with onion rings. The onion rings were just okay, but the chicken finger basket itself was very good. The chicken was moist with sauce and had tasty blue cheese dressing for dipping. The next time I went back to Jenkins I tried out the salad bar. While it wasn’t the most impressive salad bar I’ve ever been to, it did have a nice selection, especially of different pasta salads. The only negative part is that you have to ask your waitress every time you need a new plate to go up to the salad bar. This is annoying because if the restaurant is busy, you might be waiting to flag down your waitress to get a new plate. At one point I had to wander the restaurant to find anyone who works there in order to ask for a new plate. Are that many people taking advantage of the salad bar if stacks of plates are left next to the bar? Seems odd to me. Overall I liked Jenkins and would definitely go back to try more items off their menu.

Date of visit: March 2020