“Me like long time”

Fulin's Asian Cuisine
Ranked #18 of 203 Restaurants in Cleveland
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Description: Excite your taste buds at Fulin's Asian Cuisine where we implement inexplicably delicious elements into all of our Asian inspired dishes.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

2 nd time at Fulins with party of 6 or more. Very attentive and quick service by Hun. Very good food, had something different each time.willreturn next time in town. Fer sure

Chris B, Owner at Fulin's Asian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

It was great to have you back! Thanks for coming in and taking the time to leave a review. I'm happy you enjoyed everything and hope you'll be back our way again soon whether it's with a big group or just on your own.

Looking forward to it,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We'd heard of Fulin's but never been there, we were tired and hungry after a long drive and chain places seemed to be all there were near our hotel so we figured why not. Surprised us that we could get a glass of wine, the hotel clerk had just told us during checkin that we were in a dry county so maybe we crossed the county line in the half-mile from the hotel or something.

Anyway, the sushi appetizer was good although there wasn't much of it, just a few pieces. I had the sesame beef, my wife had the surf & turf sushi and we were making good progress on decompressing from a rough day till I tipped over my water glass. Had barely touched the wine by then, not drunk, just clumsy. We got no help cleaning it up.

Our waitress was off somewhere so I flagged down a waiter who came back with one napkin, dropped it on the table, said "That oughta do it," and left. I ended up clearing the table myself, moving wet stuff to another booth, and going into the bathroom for a handful of paper towels to wipe the table off. Ran into yet another waiter on the way back and asked him for a bus tub and a couple bar towels, he just gave me a blank look and I never did get them. Thought our waitress was going to collapse from embarrassment when she came back, by then I had the table cleaned off though.

So... food was good, service not so much even on what looked like a pretty slow night. We got a discount and free desserts (the only not so good part of the meal, some kind of tough little pastries with sweet stuff inside, hard to cut em up) but would much rather have had someone wipe the table off for us though. Would we come back? Well, this one's two hundred miles from home so probably not here, might try the one closer to where we live if we're on that side of town.

Thanks for coming in for a meal. While we're glad you enjoyed your food, I'm sorry to hear about the service you received. Customer service is very important to us, and someone on our team should have been there to help you clean up. We thank you for taking things into your own hands, but we hope to get the chance to make up for the lack of assistance in the future. Thanks again for coming in. If you're ever back in the area, we'd love to welcome you back.

Best,

Reviewed 17 February 2018

Our server forgot an appetizer, had to be reminded

Parties came and went, 45 minutes later had to ask another server to check on our main course, she brought it to us.
Original server forgot our to go order...had to be reminded...again.
Evening ruined by this forgetful, negligent server. Hope she improves. Shouldn't be asking another server to be getting your order.

Love Fulin's and will return but will not allow this gal to be our server. Don't want her fired, just re-trained.

Chris B, Owner at Fulin's Asian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

We're glad you came in for a meal. It's disappointing to hear about the service you received, as customer service is very important to us, but I hope we'll get the chance to show you a better experience sometime soon.

Thanks for your feedback,

Reviewed 27 January 2018

I went here with my wife and Dad for my birthday and was not disappointed. I wanted to have some better-than-average sushi and my wife suggested this place after checking some reviews.
First, the atmosphere was very good for a strip mall type restaurant. The lighting was low but not too low, the place was clean with nice, dark-wood tables and such and background music was a nice smooth jazz that was loud enough to hear but soft enough to converse over.
The best part was the food itself. I ordered the sashimi dinner which had 16 pieces of fish served on a bed of shredded carrots. It included some standards like tuna and yellowtail, but also had salmon, octopus and white tuna which is my very favorite. I couldn't believe the size of the pieces too. Largest I've ever seen -anywhere-!! Some of the pieces were almost like small steaks. The quality was also as good or better than I've had anywhere.
My wife ordered the chirashi dinner which she said was really good too. It included 10 pieces of sashimi on a bed of rice in a box.
My Dad got the sizzling chopped ribeye with vegatables in a black pepper sauce that he also liked a lot. With that, they bring the food in a bowl along with a very hot plate that they dump the food in and it sizzles right there.
The wait staff also gave just the right amount of attention. Not too much and not too little. Food came fast and refills were on time.
Lastly, the prices were very reasonable for the quality/quantity of food received.
We will certainly be going back again and I recommend it to anyone who likes good Asian food.

Chris B, Owner at Fulin's Asian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

So glad you came to celebrate your birthday with us! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your experience and were a fan of everything from the atmosphere to the sushi and ribeye. I really appreciate your review and recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back again soon! -Ashlee, Manager

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

We started with a sample of a craft beer. It tasted good, but we both felt it was not cold. Our waitress checked with the bar and they said it was cold and that another customer confirmed it.
We started with pork egg rolls. Not very flavorful. Just ok.
The dressing for the salad was rather bland. Not a very strong peanut flavor.
Pork fried rice was devoid of flavor and greasy.
My husband had the Kung Pao Chicken. It came out too salty to eat. They graciously took it back and returned with another plate. It was better. My husband was less than thrilled. I enjoyed it but would have preferred more sauce.
I ordered the sashimi meal. It was perfect. Very fresh right on point. The white tuna was like butter.
My husband said he would not return. I on the other hand would go back if in the area.

Chris B, Owner at Fulin's Asian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Thanks for coming in to give us a try! While I'm glad you enjoyed your sashimi, I'm sorry to hear that the rest of the dishes you tried didn't meet your expectations. We make everything to order from great ingredients, and it's disappointing to hear you and your husband were unimpressed. I hope we'll get the chance to welcome you back for a better experience. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can do to improve your visit!

Best,