Review Highlights
Making Menories

Trip of a lifetime for boys who love to fish and their parents have no clue how!!! Captain Richard... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
349tashao
If you like catching fish, this is your guy

Joe Jellison is the man, simply put. I recently went on my first of what will hopefully be many... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
danielmG4504OI
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Chattanooga
from US$70,62
from US$23,49
from US$90,00
from US$35,00
More Info
All reviews catfish bass catch fish great trip captain ben half day trip biggest fish trophy fish outstanding guide fish including guided trip yellow perch caught plenty caught multiple these guys his life big ones
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 August 2021

I could not ask for a better day of fishing .Capt Richard was extremely knowledgeable finding the Cats. One of the best father day gift I have ever receive. Will definitely book again with Scenic City.

Date of experience: August 2021
V5NFrichards, Owner at Scenic City Fishing Charters, Inc., responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2021

Billy... thanks very much. It's always a great pleasure fishing with folks who know their way around a fishing rod! I look forward to crossing paths again soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2021

Richard Simms is a world class angler and guide - we could not have been more happy with our 8 hour fishing trip on the Tennessee River. We targeted big blue catfish, and we managed to land 32 during the course of the day. Throughout the trip, Richard was a consummate captain and mate, navigating the boat , bating hooks, and assisting with landing fish. If you are looking for a great experience to share with a loved one, I highly recommend Richard Simms and Scenic City Fishing Charters.

Date of experience: August 2021
V5NFrichards, Owner at Scenic City Fishing Charters, Inc., responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2021

Thanks very much Jason. It was a great pleasure fishing with you and Dillon. He's a fine young man. We're glad you had fun and hope you'll pay us another visit sometime soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2021

I recently had the opportunity to enjoy a tremendously successful and just plain ole nice day of fishing on Watauga Lake with Capt. Scott Lillie. We had so many bites that day that I'm not certain how many there were, but I would estimate it to be over 20. Landed about 16 fish including rainbows, browns and lake trout. (Known as the Watauga Slam.) I was interested in learning some new trolling techniques and Capt. Scott spent the entire day happily answering every one of my many and persistent questions. His equipment is first rate and my friend Rick and I had a great time. All the fish we caught were good fish and I was able to boat a 26.5" lake trout. My buddy Rick boated a 29.5" lake trout which is a T.A.R.P. Scott helped us to catch these fish under some pretty tough conditions, relying on his knowledge of current flows and lake temperatures. If you want a very nice day of fishing, give Scott a call! He's 7 stars on a 5 star scale!

Date of experience: July 2021

Wow! Seven stars! Thanks so much for the kind words and accolades Capt. Alan. We are very proud Capt. Lillie has chosen to be part of the Scenic City Fishing Team. His fishing talents are varied and unique. Coupled with a unique fishery like Watauga Lake, and it's a recipe for fun. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 1 August 2021 via mobile

Joe with Chatts Cats was awesome!!! Phenomenal fishing trip. All the guys from Scenic work together to ensure everyone is catching fish, no matter whose boat they are on. If you book with any of these guys, you’re in for a heck of a great time!

Date of experience: July 2021
V5NFrichards, Owner at Scenic City Fishing Charters, Inc., responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2021

Thanks Dierk. We sincerely appreciate you calling on us... and "Congratulations" on that monster catfish!

Reviewed 7 July 2021

This was our third chartered fishing trip with Scenic Fishing. Today, my husband and boys fished for large mouth bass and caught around 30 fish. They went out with Captain Chris Peters today but we have fished with Richard Simms and Sam Simons as well and had a blast every time. Highly recommend!!

Date of experience: July 2021
V5NFrichards, Owner at Scenic City Fishing Charters, Inc., responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2021

Thanks very much Stephanie. It really makes us proud when folks keep coming back to enjoy the great fishing the Tennessee River has to offer. We will look forward to the next time!