“Bad atmosphere on a Saturday evening.”
Review of The River Grill

The River Grill
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Byrdstown
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My family and I went there to play a couple of games of pool and have a beer and an appetizer. We were harassed and pushed around by another group. When I got upset over my son being assaulted by a drunken young man, I was accused by the owners of being the problem. I can only assume they must have been locals that frequent the place. As we left, another group that witnessed the events walked out with my sons because they were afraid my sons would be attacked in the parking lot. We received such kindness from the other customers. That would have been appreciated from the owners as well. When I placed a review on Facebook, the owners wife got upset and has consequently blocked me from replying to her post. I would be careful going there on a weekend. We own a house in that area that we visit frequently, but I will never visit this establishment again.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Angela S

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Had the ribs, mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. The waitress was polite the food was great ! It has a indoor and outdoor eating area and 3 or 4 Tvs for watching sports. The prices are reasonable and the portions are large .I would definetly recommend anyone to try this place out

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Catfish is one of my favorites, their hamburgers are great also, tried a Special of Pulled Pork, potato salad, baked beans, and Cole slaw upon our last visit and was not the least bit disappointed either. The serving was large and the meat was delicious as was the sides. Cold beer also and they say the sweet tea is good also, I usually drink water, lol.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 11 August 2017

Busy Saturday night with a band. Got a great ribeye and my brother had ribs which were also very good. Could use a little more help when that busy.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This place has great steaks. Can be a little loud but that's to be expected for the type of place it is. Get there early on Friday or Saturday night or be prepared to wait.

Date of visit: July 2017