“Okay for a family meal”

Colonial House Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #14 of 280 Restaurants in Rapid City
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A family owned favorite for 36 years offering American cuisine for breakfast lunch and dinner. Be sure to try the South Dakota Buffalo, a delicious summer staple. Named ‘Best Favorite Restaurant’ by the RC Journal, the staff is devoted to community partnership and civic endeavors.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went here as a group of 7 on a week night. We were seated quickly and the server was cheerful. We ordered the Walleye, which was very good, although I did have to pick over 15 bones out of mine. The soda was a little flat, but there was no problem switching me to tea. There appeared to be good variety on the menu and several TV placed all over the restaurant.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were hungry after a full days travel. We found this on TA and decided to give it a try. I had the buffalo ground steak and they had the ribs.

The waiter was great and the food was delicious. We didn’t save room for dessert but they looked amazing too.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing HOMEMADE food, bread and desserts!! You HAVE to try the onion rings extra crispy! Friendly staff and waiters/waitresses.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Not much more to say, food is awesome, service is superb and good prices. Love this place. It has been an institution in RC for years. The menu has such a wide variety of food. I try something different on each visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went with husband and grandson on Father's Day. They did a nice job of acknowledging Dads with a free beer and cupcake. My grandson and I ordered the Canadian walleye. My husband and I have fished for walleye in Canada for over 25 years. This walleye at $20 a pop was cooked with skin on making it taste fishy and was loaded with bones. My husband's ribeye steak was loaded with grissle. Ordered their bread pudding to go and when I went to eat it it was hard and cold....worst bread pudding I have eaten and they did not even provide a fork. Not worth the $85 bill!