“Yet another hidden GEM!”
Review of Sabor A Mexico

Sabor A Mexico
Ranked #81 of 284 Restaurants in Rapid City
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Small and easy to pass by.Then,if by chance you see it you’ll say no way and drive on. So... find it park in back (yes there is parking).Inside is larger than expected,clean,yet plain. The people are friendly and the menu above average the Food awesome. It’s a locals secret!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This is our favorite Mexican restaurant - hands down! The process are good sized and always delicious. My children love the lengua tacos as much as my husband and I do! We always have good service and the staff is friendly.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This is our favorite Mexican Restaurant in the Black Hills! Fabulous authentic Mexican food - we have never had a bad meal here. The menu is in English and Spanish, and there are many great options. For lunch there were several specials. Casual dining, wonderful service - a great place to gather with friends, family or as a couple.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

My friend wanted to try this place after hearing an ad on the radio so we stopped by for lunch this weekend after the Pow Wow. I'm Mexican so yes my standards are very high but this has to be one of the worst Mexican restaurants I have ever gone to. First of all the place reaked of "Fabuloso" disinfectant/cleaner, but we got used to it. Both the chips and salsa were very bland. The chips even tasted oily and stale. The salsa had no flavor what so ever. I hoped the meal would make up for it but it only got worse. The prices seemed way too high so we both ordered a la cart. My enchiladas were also VERY bland and not even salt could give them any flavor. I thought I was eating cardboard. I also ordered a tostada and it was also flavorless. My friend said the same thing about her meal and we left very unsatisfied. I don't like giving places bad reviews but I also don't want people to think that is is what authentic Mexican food tastes like. I don't know if they are afraid to spice things up a bit as to not scare away customers but they need to do something to improve the quality of their food. The servers were nice but that is about the only positive thing I have to say about El Sabor A Mexico. I've gotten better meals at On the Border or Que Pasa, even Q'doba, and those are even "authentic". I hope they change things up for the better.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

I was told about this restaurant by a Co-worker who said it was really good authentic mexican food. Today my wife and i tried it. The building is old looking and appeared closed, but it was open. At the time we arrived, about 5:30pm, we were the only customers. Others did come in later. I ordered a chicken Chimichanga which came with beans and rice. My wife ordered the Fujita. Both meals were very bland, little seasoning. The salsa was bland as well. The chimichanga was chicken in a deep fried shell, no cheese inside but had a sprinkling on top with lettuce. They brought no refills and had to ask for the shells for the fujitas and the chips and salsa. The cost was a little over $35. Would I go back.......no!

1  Thank true2david