“Cool and free”

Rapid City Public Library
Ranked #46 of 76 things to do in Rapid City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: While exploring Rapid City's vibrant downtown, check out our innovative library! Get hands-on and play, build or design in the CHAOS Makerspace. Try out a 3D printer. Use a computer or connect to Wi-Fi. Browse books, magazines and newspapers. Attend an event – we have something for all ages – concerts, yoga, story time and more. Have a question? We can help!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is a great small city library. It has free WiFi and a/c for the hot days. Check the library home page for events. But there was a music festival the last few days and free movies a couple days each month. There is a room called Makers Spacd that has 3D printers. For about $1, I maked a personalized book marker. On the second floor is a small aviary with international birds. But generally I just like this place because it is quiet and safe.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Easy access for travelers, 1 blk. from downtown Rapid City, large children's area on second floor, computer plus printing services available.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

My first time in the Rapid City library, very friendly staff and help desks all over, Reid was more than helpful, friendly and personable.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

I had never seen the new library and was quite impressed. I would like to go in and spend several hours in the old Rapid City room some day. The library is open to all and has a few nice pieces of art here and there as well.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 February 2018

I have attended many great programs, lectures, movies, musical artists at the Rapid City Public Library. They have an extensive collection which covers a broad range of topics and interests. I have also made great use of their online services such as using their online database for magazines and borrowing audiobooks as well as ebooks. Whenever I am planning on a long trip I check out several audiobooks to make the miles go by faster. I have always found the staff to be very helpful. The library is certainly an asset to our community.