Reviews (1 162)
1 163 results
All reviewsopen atriumcivic centerfront deskembassy suitesgreat hotelclose to downtownbreakfast buffetroom was largeblack hillsrooms were very cleanparking lotexcellent stayup to datewould stay here againstaff was friendlysouth dakotarushmore
31 - 36 of 1 163 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I really enjoyed my stay here -- clean and comfortable rooms, excellent dining options at the Hotel, and great common area space to network and conduct side meetings. It is a short walk to Main Street (about 0.5 miles) and the many dining and shopping options offered there. I would stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: I think a room on a higher floor with a city view would be most desirable.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2018

This is a nice Holiday Inn that appears to have been recently updated. The Staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and the breakfast buffet had a nice variety of choices. If you like to gamble, there are two slot machines and two video poker machines right on the property!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Requested a king bed got two queens. Bathroom door didn't shut and the rooms keys didn't work after going downstairs twice to get new ones. Thin windows facing the front of the building, at least the lobby has a huge water fall that drowns the parking lot noise. Rather expensive stay for what you get. $12.00 breakfast rather steep, not included in over a $225 room.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Hello izzo1971,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am sorry to learn about the issues with the bed allocation and room doors. Along with your observations about pricing, your comments have been shared with the hotel management. They will be used as reference for the improvement of the services we offer. I trust that measures taken will improve your next stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back!

Best Regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 June 2018

For the price, I was expecting a great location, not so much. Pay for parking, pay a city improvement tax. Thankfully, even though it is an atrium style hotel, the room was quiet. The beds were not comfortable, I did not like the feel of the sheets. This was a convenient stop off of I 90, but we will choose someplace else next time. On a positive note, the staff was great.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Hi Karen S,

I appreciate you for staying at Holiday Inn Rapid City - Rushmore Plaza and for giving us your thoughts about your recent visit.

It's unfortunate that you were not completely satisfied with the location, quality of our beds and sheets. I also understand that you had issues with our parking condition. Our aim is to ensure that all our guests' needs are met and I'm sorry that this time it wasn't. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and necessary actions will be taken accordingly, in order to avoid the same situations in the future.

On a lighter note, I'm delighted that you found the cleanliness of our rooms satisfactory and you had pleasant encounters with our hotel staff. The management team will use your compliments to acknowledge our staff.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to hear back from you soon and be of further assistance, Karen S!@

All the best,

Peter J.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Stayed 2 nights as part of a cross-country road trip.

This is an older property of the open atrium style, with exposed glass elevators on the atrium walls. Brought me back to the 1980s.

Property was well maintained and clean. It’s just difficult to make the atrium style look current.

We had a king suite. It was roomy, but the living room had no windows. The only window was in the bedroom, which made it a little dark. There were plenty of lamps n the room, though to make up for the lack of natural light. The suite had a Kurig coffee maker, microwave, and small refrigerator, which were in a small counter area with a separate bar-type sink.

Bathroom was tight. Shower was part of tub.

This hotel has a bar and full service restaurant. There is no included breakfast.

The bar and restaurant were surprisingly good. We sat at the bar first night and had some burgers and drinks. Service and food were excellent. Prices were reasonable.

The hotel is an easy walk, about 1/2 mile, into downtown Rapid City, through a city park. There are plenty of restaurants and shops there.

The hotel was busy while we were there (over a weekend). There were a lot of events going on: a class reunion, several business functions, and at least 2 weddings. Our suite was near the ballroom, and on Saturday night a wedding lasted until about 2am. The music could be heard in our room. Other than the wedding, our room was quiet.

There is a lot of parking in a surface lot. However, the hotel charges $5 per night for parking. They give you a pass that you place on your dashboard, and then put the charge on your bill.

Staff were courteous and professional.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple