“My experience.”

Blackstone Lodge and Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Lead
Reviewed 6 July 2017

We stayed there for 5 nights over the 4th of July. I was impressed with how friendly everyone was, They up dated the rooms with new carpet, curtains and bedding and charged more money for the room per night and raised the price for the 4th. One thing I did like was the free breakfast from 6am to 10am. I really think they should let it run until 11am because there are so many people there from 9am to 10am it gets a little crowed. I would like to see more than 2 wheel chair parking places. I don't think that motor cycles should be allowed to park under the canopy because the engines are very loud early in the morning and they have to rev them up. If you get a room facing the front of the hotel you will be woke up early from the motorcycles that are parked under the canopy! One day of our stay house keeping totally missed making up our room. I told two different people at the desk and they said "Im sorry". While that is a nice thing to say it would have been nice to get some money off the room or a 10% off your next visit or some type of compensation.Our room was non smoking but I don't know if all the rooms are non smoking.There is no pool and they used to have a rule that no children over a certain age are allowed in the hot tubs. A pool to me would make this hotel more children friendly. I did see a coin operated washer through the glass door but Im not sure if guests were allowed to use it. You would have to ask. The air conditioner had a filter that was filthy dirty and needed cleaning. I almost took it out and washed it myself it was so dirty because my husband and I have allergies. I didn't like the mattresses. They are spring loaded and very uncomfortable when you are used to high end memory foam.We didn't get clean sheets either over a 5 day stay.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the entrance of the hotel. The motorcycles will wake you up because the moto...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 June 2017

We arrived at 3.30 at the reception desk, nobody there but we could hear a man talking to a customer in the bar. We stood there for a while listening to small talk and decided to ask if we could be checked in. Well, he looked in the computer and said nope, your room isn't ready yet. We asked if maybe a other room was available so he could swap us with that guest. Nope, he couldn't, no room is ready. I asked him, now no room is ready and in 30 minutes all rooms are ready ? Yep....okay, we dragged all our luggage outside again and started to entertain ourselves. In the meanwhile we discussed the sign on the desk stating "no internet" and the fact we really looked forward to this hotel and the bad experience we just had. Later in the evening we were checkin in efficiently but learned there was no internet for 3 days already and that didn't seem to bother them too much. The room was clean, smelled good and had a great mattrass but the tv wasn't working. We called the front desk and the lady came up to fix it. Only when my husband assisted (he is an IT man) the problem was solved. The bathroom was good, had a curved rod and good waterpressure. The aircondition was exceptionally loud but the fridge (maybe broken ?) was louder so we unplugged that thing during the night. Breakfast didn't have yogurts anymore in the morning, nor did it offer fresh fruit and even the sugar was not refilled....Milk was asked by another guest...to be short this is the first and one time my husband decided to file a complaint by the manager that morning. And he promised her we would address that in our tripadvisor review too. She listened and said whe will take corrective actions, she refunded a part of our room too. Nevertheless, we won't go here again.

2  Thank Dutchkathy
Reviewed 23 June 2017

You could stay in Deadwood for much more, or just up the block for much less. The place seems like new. The room was very comfortable and clean. Flat screen t.v., microwave and fridge in room. The place has a small bar where you can conveniently get a glass of wine or beer, nice little perk to the place. There are three nice sized hot tubs behind the hotel; all seemingly new and very clean. We enjoyed a dip under the stars before going to bed in their very comfortable beds. The hotel staff was all very friendly. The breakfast is served in a nice spacious cafe like area and goes until 10 a.m.! A plus for us; we basically forgo breakfasts at most places. The coffee was good and your usual suspects are there: Belgium waffles, sausages, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereal, etc. etc. I'd stay here again and I have recommended the place to others.

1  Thank S S
Reviewed 18 June 2017

We wouldn't hesitate to stay at Blackstone again. The beds are ridiculously comfortable, the room was very clean, and the breakfast was hot and tasty. There are a few things to note - the only cooling system is a wall unit air conditioner. We didn't need it during our stay in early June, but if we had, I don't know that it would have been powerful enough to really cool our very spacious room. While our room had a lot of floor space, which was great with four kids, there was only one suitcase rack and not a lot of other places to set luggage. Our small fridge didn't do a great job of keeping things super cold. These things were very minor to us, but may not be to others. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again as it was an incredible value for the money and our biggest priorities were clean rooms and comfortable beds and Blackstone exceeded our expectations for both of those.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank sarahgK7603LY
Dixie P, Manager at Blackstone Lodge and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

So glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will remember your tip about the luggage rack. We do have extras if they are requested, but perhaps we could make that more apparent in those large rooms. Thank you for that thought.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

Aside from the very loud air conditioner and the person who checked us in putting chew in his mouth while running our credit card this was a nice hotel. The beds were comfortable, room was clean, and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast in the morning was what you would expect from a hotel. Overall, we would stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you. I will have our maintenance mgr check out that air conditioner unit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lead
1,1 km away
Comfort Inn and Suites
#9 of 25 in Deadwood
5,8 km away
SpringHill Suites Deadwood

Been to Blackstone Lodge and Suites? Share your experiences!