“Unique Hotel”

Blackstone Lodge and Suites
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Lead
Reviewed 29 September 2015

After finding out the Super 8 in Deadwood gave my room away the helpful front desk lady reached out to the Blackstone Lodge to see if they could accommodate 3 rooms on a Friday and Saturday night which they were able to. All three of us had unique rooms and they were not your typical cookie cutter rooms which I love!! The staff was great and very helpful. Not a fan of any hotels free breakfast and Blackstone was no different. Don't get me wrong as I travel for a living and I have stayed world famous hotels which are picture perfect but the Blackstone is a decent hotel with a great staff.

Room Tip: If possible take a look at the room before checking in. Rooms are unique and I hope you enjoy that.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

Our room at the Blackstone Lodge & Suites was roomy, clean and comfortable. The sink/vanity was small, but it was outside the bathroom, which makes it so much easier for 2 people to get ready at the same time. There was no view, but since we only sleep and shower at a hotel, that's not important to us. We had trouble figuring out the heat/AC system. There is a switch on the wall, not near the AC unit, that must be on before you can control the temperature in the room. We had to ask the front desk staff to figure out how it worked. A laminated sign near the switch would save them a lot of calls. We also had trouble connecting to the free wireless. We had to go outside the hotel to be able to connect to the wireless. Once our devices were connected, we were able to use them in our room without difficulty. For the price, this hotel is a great bargain.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

We were very impressed the moment we arrived. From the ice water in the lobby to the look of the interior to it being pet friendly to very clean, comfortable, nicely appointed rooms to a very reasonable cost it was everything we want in a room. Breakfast was good and the beds are very comfortable. It is being remodeled so there are some finishing touches not yet done but overall still a very nice place. Only missing item was that there is no grassy area so even though it is pet friendly there is not a good place to take pets to.

1  Thank spglk0
Reviewed 26 September 2015

We stumbled on this hotel as a hotwire deal when we needed a room for one night in the area. The hotel has a new name and is under new management for this year and has just been remodeled. The bed was absolutely awesome. Never had a more comfortable bed in a hotel. Everything was clean and fresh. A hot breakfast was included. Also had smokin' fast free wifi.

Reviewed 25 September 2015

OK, I did not stay in this hotel BUT I wish I had!! We had left Deadwood earlier in the morning and were looking for some place to have breakfast in Lead. It had been my plan to book a hotel in Lead for the previous night but my fellow travelers were not enthused, which is why we ended up at Deadwood Station paying more than $100/room, to add insult to injury, since there was nothing available due to Jam Fest. Not much I can say about the DStation, except that being DEAD would have made it more tolerable. Anyhow, Lead was sort of torn up with construction so we stopped at the Blackstone to get info, and the staff was so kind and helpful. They still had the hotel breakfast room open and invited us in, though it was extra trouble for the lady staffing it, and gave us all the info we could use. I don't know the quality of the property, but I would stay there just because I know I would be treated well. Most hotels are pretty indifferent if you are not a customer, but not this place, and I wish them good health and happiness.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank COGR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lead
1,1 km away
Comfort Inn and Suites
#9 of 25 in Deadwood
5,8 km away
SpringHill Suites Deadwood

Been to Blackstone Lodge and Suites? Share your experiences!