All reviews free breakfast biscuits and gravy microwave and fridge hot tubs are parking lot would stay here again road trip garden tub nice hotel the hotel staff sofa bed comfortable beds pleasant stay visiting deadwood worked great staff was very friendly great place to stay
Reviewed 26 September 2015

We stumbled on this hotel as a hotwire deal when we needed a room for one night in the area. The hotel has a new name and is under new management for this year and has just been remodeled. The bed was absolutely awesome. Never had a more comfortable bed in a hotel. Everything was clean and fresh. A hot breakfast was included. Also had smokin' fast free wifi.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2015

OK, I did not stay in this hotel BUT I wish I had!! We had left Deadwood earlier in the morning and were looking for some place to have breakfast in Lead. It had been my plan to book a hotel in Lead for the previous night but my fellow travelers were not enthused, which is why we ended up at Deadwood Station paying more than $100/room, to add insult to injury, since there was nothing available due to Jam Fest. Not much I can say about the DStation, except that being DEAD would have made it more tolerable. Anyhow, Lead was sort of torn up with construction so we stopped at the Blackstone to get info, and the staff was so kind and helpful. They still had the hotel breakfast room open and invited us in, though it was extra trouble for the lady staffing it, and gave us all the info we could use. I don't know the quality of the property, but I would stay there just because I know I would be treated well. Most hotels are pretty indifferent if you are not a customer, but not this place, and I wish them good health and happiness.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank COGR
Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here this past weekend and the room was very clean and comfortable. The pillows were a little on the soft side which is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. The motel has been recently remodeled and the price for the night was VERY reasonable. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2015

The photos on the website are much nicer than the actual property. The facility is old and rundown. Rooms are renovated but bathroom is very tiny and nothing special about the room. The hot tubs are located in the parking lot and you have to exit the hotel and walk across the parking lot to get to them. There was a bin at the door leading to the hot tubs labeled towels, however there were never any towels available. The "deluxe" breakfast is ordinary and most of the time not well stocked. I felt sorry for the staff, as one person had to monitor and replenish the food as well as man the front desk. Staffing issue again when we checked in. Had to wait 30 minutes to check in because there was a line of people and only one person at the front desk. This one person had to check guests and answer the phone which rang constantly (with people making reservations) while we were standing in line. Below average ambiance and very poorly staffed.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ddf123
Reviewed 13 September 2015

This hotel has just been renovated. I stayed in room #316 with 2 friends, and used the hotel as a base to see the Black Hills, Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Sturgis and the Badlands. It was very comfortable, good daily cleaning, free breakfast, friendly front desk, in house bar, and overall was a good choice. It is about 5 miles south of Deadwood and 1 mile North of Lead. This would be a good choice for bikers and skiers.

Room Tip: book early!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends