All reviews free breakfast biscuits and gravy microwave and fridge hot tubs are would stay here again road trip parking lot nice hotel the hotel staff comfortable beds sofa bed pleasant stay visiting deadwood great place to stay good size staff was very friendly short drive
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

The hotel was really quiet during the week. They are in the middle of remodeling but as we were sightseeing during their construction hours we didn't hear any of the noise.

Our room wasn't quite finished. Baseboard trim wasn't installed and the bathroom was dated. I would hope they would redo the bathroom if spending money on the remodel. But as bike week was shortly before our visit, I understand they may have needed to abruptly stop during the rally.

The king bed was very comfortable and it is a pet friendly hotel.

They offer wifi but l get the impression the staff isn't too tech savvy as they couldn't fix/reboot the router. Their computers worked as they were hard wired to the Internet. As I was traveling with someone taking an online class this did inconvenience them a little. The hotel couldn't or wouldn't offer an Internet port for them to use. I asked.

I needed a tour receipt printed from my email but the hotel couldn't accommodate this request. They don't provide a printer to guests and the desk clerk wouldn't print it for me. That was a little disappointing as I thought they could have been better at customer service.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renee B
Reviewed 6 September 2015

We were a little nervous as we had heard the hotel had changed names a few times so we were pleasantly surprised (we really couldn't be picky as the Blackstone was the only hotel with any vacancies). The hotel was recently remodeled, our king-sized room was nice, the staff was friendly, and the breakfast was good. My only complaint was the air conditioning. After being gone most of the evening, we went to turn on the old styled wall air conditioner but it didn't work. We didn't call down because it was 11:30 at night and we didn't want to take the risk that they may suggest we move rooms. We found out the next morning that the switch marked "heater" hidden behind the lamp (on the opposite wall from the air conditioner) also worked to turn the outlet which the air conditioner was plugged into. We suggested that either they 1) tell guests this upon arrival 2) mark the switch "heater/air conditioner" and put a note on the air conditioner or 3) do both 1 and 2. Overall, our stay was wonderful minus the lack of air conditioning and the noise outside (because we had to have the windows open).

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2015

This hotel is 3 miles from Deadwood, and recently renovated. There were three hot tubs, and each night my husband had one all to ourselves. Breakfast was good, two of the three mornings they offered biscuits and gravy along with waffles, muffins, danish, coffee, tea, several varieties of juice, yogurt, oatmeal, cold cereal...
The beds were comfortable, the room clean, and the microwave and fridge in the room both worked great, and were very nice to have. The air conditioner in our room was a bit old and rattly, but it still worked!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2015

This hotel's location was quite convenient, clean, very nicely decorated and comfortable. The hot tubs are outside which would have been great if there wasn't lightening. The rooms decor and comfort certainly made up for that. I would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank crisart6
Reviewed 17 August 2015

A family member booked this recently renovated hotel because of its nearness to Deadwood, our destination. The rooms were nicely appointed, the rates very reasonable, and breakfast was fine. It's at the edge of town in a quiet location. Three outdoor hot tubs were a welcome relief, gazing at the stars and enjoying the evening. The vanity had room for one person's toiletries.

Apparently Lead has restaurants, but we couldn't find them because of extensive road construction on Main Street. The grocery store closed by 8 pm or so. Deadwood has multiple dining facilities, although they're pricey. It's about 2 or 3 miles away.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family