“Great "go to" for Mexican Food in Sumter”
Review of Yucatan

Yucatan
Ranked #8 of 145 Restaurants in Sumter
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Used to be called "Jose's Mexican Restaurant" but they changed their name about a year or so ago.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Everytime I come visit Sumter I always make it a point to dine at Yucatan's. The service is always amazing and the food is delicious! In all my travels, I've never found a Molcate as tasty as the one I get here! There is just something unique about how they combine the steak, chicken, and shrimp. So yummy!!! This place is great for a quick lunch or a family dinner. The chips and salsa are addictive too! I've never had a bad experience here!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Hot, fresh ingredients. Super-friendly staff. Our go-to for a family night out. Little more party-inclined? The Full Service bar will not dissapoint.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

This restaurant was recommended by a friend. Service was okay but the food bland and the place rapidly filled with families with noisy children. The chili relleno was stuffed with what may have been ground beef, not cheese. The refried beans had no flavor. The place is tucked in the corner of a strip mall with no signage visible from the street - but we found it (and regret we did.)

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I love Mexican food and this is the best place in town to get it. The prices are good, the service is excellent and the food is delicious. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 17 April 2018

I asked the waiter what he has when he eats there and took his recommendation. I got the steak quesadillas and they were great. My friend's meal was not as good as mine. It seems to be a hit or miss with the choice of meals in Mexican places here in Sumter. I would definitely eat my meal again. If you are unsure - ask - they usually have tried much of it!