“DO NOT EAT HERE! AVOID. ”

Red Crab Juicy Seafood
Get food delivered
OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #281 of 358 Restaurants in Spartanburg
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

DO NOT EAT HERE! The absolute worst. We ordered Dungeness crab, lobster tail and shrimp. My crab ($35 a pop) was still frozen solid. My wife’s lobster tail had been frozen thawed and refrozen and would not come out of the shell. The manager Robert, took my meal and then came back having done nothing to heat it or replace it. Still frozen. I told him i would not eat it and ordered shrimp. They never brought it. My wife could not eat her meal. We paid and left. I should not have paid but the atmosphere was not favorable. Rude, nasty and a terrible food. AVOID.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (13)

Reviewed 9 December 2020 via mobile

Please, please avoid at all cost. Going hungry is a much better option. I do not say this without hesitation. Do not even have a weak moment.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 5 June 2020

When this restaurant first opened, within two months my family decided to try it. Being that it was new to this area, we figured that they were trying to still find their niche. The food wasn't great, it was very oily and not seasoned well. We decided to wait another 6 months or so to give them a second chance. Unfortunately , that was worst than the first. My daughter and I ordered two separate crab boil bags ...NASTY!!! My husband ordered the fried Tilapia I believe it was...SALTY! My baby girl (loves fried oysters) ordered the fried oysters...SALTY, FRIED TOO HARD...NASTY. The ONLY thing that was supper delicious were the raw oysters on the half shell...they were amazing!!! I would love to see this restaurant become successful and hang around for a while. I love having different options for dinner, especially evenings when I'm not in a mood to cook!

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 16 December 2019

Restaurant is new, its liquor license hasn't cleared yet. Interior decor is in need of upgrading (took over from a Chinese buffet). Good choices, but all fried.Moderate size dishes to huge ones you'll share or take part home. Prices moderate to high. Husband had a Pick Two combo, had shrimp and oysters, the former very good, the latter not so much. Spouse also had a combo, choosing catfish and shrimp, both of which she felt were good. With two drinks, tab ran $30. Service was good.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank rich and linda s
Reviewed 15 November 2019

My husband got very excited when he saw this place was finally opened. It is located near Walmart so we had been seeing the signs for a while. Once it opened we decided to give them a try.

First of all when you arrive at a place on Saturday evening and it isnt crowded..you have to wonder why. It took forever for them to seat us. And then it took even longer for the server to arrive. We had plenty of time to look at the menu so we already knew what we wanted when she finally showed up and just ordered everything at once. 99% of the menu is shellfish..and I have shellfish allergies. If you dont want that you get chicken tenders or tilapia..fried. Well I really didnt want fried tilapia, I prefer that fish baked. But I didn't have much of a choice so I had fried tilapia and hubby got the weekend special which consists of 1 lobser tail, 1/2 pound of shrimp, and 1/2 pound of snow crab. I also get a side of corn. Then you choose your sauce and spice level. Mine didn't come with that option.

When it finally arrives his comes in a plate and a bag. Then you open up the bag and the steam rises. I guess that is their idea of a presentation. Ohh..ahh. His meal is almost $30 and it does come with a lot of food as it also comes with potatoes and corn. My husband said his was incredible. Mine? Just so so. Tilapia to me isnt a good frying fish. I usually bake or steam mine and for frying I prefer a cod or haddock. This was very greasy and had no flavor to it. I ate 2 pieces and that was it. And for pete's sake..get some real silverware. The only complaint hubby had was trying to get crab legs out with a flimsy plastic fork!!

If you are new to Spartanburg or not from here, you should know this is a very low income area. And it is reflected in tips. People here do not tip. If you are a good server and have a car, you are going to Greenville where you can make money. Since I have been here I have only had good service in about 2 places. So no surprise, service here isn't anything to brag on. I had to go find the server to get more tea and it took forever to get our check.

I have not eaten there since then. But my hubby loves that weekend special (which you can get any day of the week) so he has ordered it TOGO several times. It is located next to Moe's and I go there and pick up my meal. There is the Blue Bay Seafood less than a mile up the road and they have much better food and more options other than shellfish. So I would suggest going there instead.

Date of visit: August 2019