“Manager needs to train workers”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #7 of 105 Restaurants in Orangeburg
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First, the restaurant was NOT busy, so service should have had no issues.

Our waitress lacked both training and seriousness. She took our order and it took a good bit to get our drinks: 2 Waters. Doesn't take a lot of work to get 2 waters
.. waitress gave a lot of excuses (not her fault) and laughed about it.
Then everything arrived at once - salads, main course, 2-3 sides for each of us. Waitress had excuse after excuse for why salads were not first- none were her fault.. Americans have salads first-that's why most restaurants list it as an appetizer. (If it's ordered AS the meal, that's different as no other entree is coming out). Again, waitress gave a lot of excuses, and laughed.

A good bit later, waitress brings out burnt biscuits- and no butter. More excuses and laughing about burnt biscuits.

After waiting a good bit for butter, for burnt food, I flagged a different waitress to bring butter for our burnt biscuits. She actually brought us new, not-burnt biscuits as well as butter.

Our assigned waitress had excuses for everything- nothing was her fault and
laughed about every issue. Taking responsibility and fixing the problem are not in her skill set.

--again, this was not a crowded Cracker Barrell when we were there; most that we have visited had lines outside at meal times.

Restaurant has to address training issues; hopefully, this happens soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2018

Busy night but service was quick.
There was more noise than I expected but I took time to enjoy my meal. Service was good and it was a good value.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

On our way to Greenville we stopped here for lunch. Little difficult to locate. Service was good and food was hot and served quickly. Hamburger was surprisingly tasty. Iced tea is always good. No different from any other Cracker Barrel. Good place to stop for lunch or breakfast. Consistent.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We found another Cracker Barrel on our way down to Florida! So happy. Well, actually my wife is the happy one. She found a bunch of stuff in the gift shop, so I guess she got an early Mother’s Day gift…

My wife enjoyed the honey mustard chicken tenders, while I had the meatloaf. The meatloaf reminded me of the type my mother used to make when I was young. And that was a long time ago…. I again had the Caramell latte because I enjoyed it so much the first time!

We both enjoyed our meal very much.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

A very easy on & off of I-26 at US-601 exit 145. Large parking lot and space for RV's and campers.

We were a small group of six and arrived around 1130 AM. We were seated quickly. The restaurant wasn't crowded but the overall service was slow. Everyone ordered something different and perhaps that was the reason.

When the orders finally arrived and the food was presented several of us had to pass the plate to the person who actually ordered the dish.