Neat and clean 3 bedroom 2 bath condo with full kitchen/dining/living. Decorated very nicely and we had plenty of space. Awesome screened in porch. Huge master suite with whirlpool tub. We felt very SAFE in the locked building (key code). Elevators in this building are a nice touch. Very convenient to Barefoot Landing. I would have given this condo 4 stars but we had a few issues.
1. None of the pools are heated. They were all ICE cold. We could not swim. (Across the street, North Beach Plantation heats their pools-we stayed there last year.)
2. We knew we would not be ocean front, but this condo is QUITE a drive from the BACK of Barefoot Resort to the beach and the beach shuttle does not run on weekdays until June, I believe, so that was frustrating. We stayed during the week and they were only running on the weekends.
3. We rented through Vacation Rentals of North Myrtle Beach. They were ok to work with but they don't return calls and sometimes get their policy mixed up depending on who you speak to.
1. We were told we would have access to the unit's garage to park our car in. When we arrived, we had no access to the garage. I called immediately and left a message. No response. Called the next day, no answer. I never did get an answer, and saw all other renters parking outside the garage so we did, too. When we checked out and my husband inquired he was told "We never got a message from you."
2. I was told by an employee over the phone that early check in was possible if nobody rented the unit the day prior to us. When I emailed to confirm this, they said no, check in is 4pm and they were not sure why I was told this.
3. I was told by an employee there was a 200.00 deposit for a pool key card. I asked if they could hold a check as the deposit. The lady told me she would ask and call me back. Never got a call back. When we checked in, they said as long as we had a card on file, they didn't need a deposit.
4. No resort map. That would have been a nice touch as it is a very large resort.
So, things seemed to vary depending on who you talked to at the rental company. It by no means ruined our trip, but it was somewhat frustrating.
Also, know that you are started with VERY BASIC supplies. One trash bag in each trash can (you are required to carry out the trash to the dumpster at the end of your stay). No dish soap. One dishwasher tablet. One teeny silver dollar size soap in the hall bath. No soap in the master bath. One roll of TP per bathroom. We ended up going out and buying trash bags, toilet paper, and hand soap. For over 1000.00 for a 3 night stay, I thought they could have provided a little more. Last year at North Beach Plantation we didn't have this issue.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Older travelers||Families with young children|
|Large groups||People with pets|