“PADI open water with amazing wreck dives!”
Review of Coastal Scuba

Coastal Scuba
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had an excellent time earning my PADI open water certification with Brittany and Peter as my dive instructors. Capt Rob, Bobby, and Janine and the rest of the crew of the Safari IV ensured we all had a fun, efficient, and most importantly safe time diving the Charleston Tug and the Sherman wrecks. I will most definitely be coming back and bringing friends!

All reviews
"every step of the way"
"mother nature"
"great company"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First of all this is a family owned and run operation which is obvious by the best customer service ever. I sat and watched the crew answer questions and help the divers where needed. They washed our gear on the way in which was great due to the fact we are staying at a hotel.
I would especially like to thank Camryn , Brittany , Jeanine , Pete AND Captain Rob AKA Ron White. These guys and gals are awesome. This is my 4th time diving with Coastal and I will most definitely be back and would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A friend and I did both the pool and open water discover scuba sessions with Coastal Scuba. The entire staff and boat crew are great people looking to have a good time. Jeanie, Allen and Brittany are wonderful instructors and are amazingly fun and knowledgeable about what they do! Will definitely go back to dive again and plan to take a certification course with them soon! Thanks for being patient with our very clumsy selves! And for taking the time to get us comfortable in the ocean and down to see the awesome dive site. We appreciate the amazing experience and opportunities we now have to learn and do more with you! 100% reccomend these wonderful people to take you scuba diving!

See you again soon Coastal Scuba!
Jennifer & Candi

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This will be my 4th time diving with Coastal Scuba!! Every time I come down from NY to visit my dad I do a dive with them. They are the friendliest people and always going out of there way to make you safe on dive!!! Must do in Myrtle Beach!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Took 4 dive trips with Coastal Scuba over the past week: 2 to the Charleston Tug, 1 each to the Sherman and Barracuda Alley. Each Dive was in the 50-60 foot range so they all had similar profiles of a 30 min dive fool we’d by 40 min SI and anotherv30 min dive. All of these half day trips took about 4.5 hours and cost $79.

There was lots of marine life at all of the sites. I even managed to pick up several sand dollars. There were xlots of swim throughs on the wrecks and APCs. Temps averages about 78 at the surface and 72 at the bottom. Vis was about 20’, not great but that is SC diving.

The Safari IV is a comfortable and stable boat. Entries are a choice of a backward roll off either side or a giant stride off the stern. They run a 15’ hang line along both sides of the boat for safety stops and a tag line off the stern.

The dive briefings are thorough and the crew is very helpful and friendly. Special thanks to Captain Rob, Brittney, Pete, Charlie and Jeannine.