Reviews (2 630)
2 630 results
All reviews bowling alley free bowling loco gecko indoor lazy river kids activities family kingdom pools were clean full kitchen view of the ocean off season cq hula vista tubs blast poolside upgrades
109 - 114 of 2 630 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The experience overall was good. For our first family beach vacation it was good! The hotel itself was outdated. For the money we spent on oceanfront view, the rooms should have been much nicer! They room we had was oceanfront on 15th floor and it was very outdated and falling apart honestly. The housekeeping was FANTASTIC the first 2 days, then the last 4 days there was very little effort put into the house keeping. The elevators were the worst part of the stay! we could only use 2 elevators in the hotel for the 15th floor. They stopped for other people staying at the resort as well as staff constantly! we stopped on basically every floor on the way up and down every time we used them. What made this stay worth it were the amenities for kids. By far the best I could find in myrtle beach. The water play area and pools were amazing and well kept. The bowling alley and arcade were life savers in the evenings to keep the kids happy. For our kids the trip was amazing, but the hotel itself needs some renovations!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank rache14beer
Molly F, General Manager at Captains Quarters Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It is our goal to exceed all of our guests expectations and I am happy you enjoyed your time. We do offer a wide variety of amenities and I am thrilled you and your family enjoyed the, I hope you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

First, we had no idea the town nickname was dirty myrtle..that should say enough as there is nothing to do in city, no restaurants no activity unless you call over priced arcades..as far as hotel the internet was horrible, they have no poolside service just a bar with slow service hot dogs only. No coffee in the lobby or any places to get coffee near. The gym is junk I even reported machines being broken and no one did anything. The staff was nice. Room service was iffy at best.would NOT recommend and it’s definitely a one time trip for me.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It saddens me to hear about your experiences but I do thank you for leaving your feedback. Feedback is what we use to make changes to our resort. I am happy to hear about the wonderful customer service our staff provided. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This place was a dump!! Did not have correct accommodations for my family and then said they were booked. It’s very old and outdated ac leaked all over the floor due to the cleaning crew pulling out a pipe. It’s was the worst place I’ve ever stayed. Good thing my stay was only 2 nights, the best thing about it was it being right at the beach!!!

1  Thank Yolanda M

Dear Yolanda M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I would like to take the time to apologize to you about your experiences. We value all feedback as this is what we use to make necessary improvements to our resort. I hope you give us a 2nd chance to exceed your expectations like I know we can. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Stayed here with my family a week ago. People at the front desk were in no hurry to check people in. Took way longer than needed to get checked in. While there was parking across the street, the parking deck on site was way too small.

The rooms are small and kind of out dated. What I mean by that is they seemed to update a little then stop when they ran out of money. The bedroom was nice, as well as the countertop, sinks, and tub/shower in the bathroom.

However the doors in the room were really old and warn out looking. The table and chairs in the room also looked outdated. The flooring in the kitchen area also looked rushed and not done right. I had to swipe my room key seven or eight times sometimes just to get into my room. Beds weren't great but they weren't the worst I've ever slept on in a hotel room. However for the amount of money I paid, and the amount of money my sister and brother inlaw paid we've staid at nicer places for that amount.

My biggest grip is the elevators. They could be super slow sometimes. I was leaving my sister's room one night, and saw one of the elevators was blinking. I thought this meant it was broken a couple floors above her room, so I just used another elevator. I saw another elevator with the blinking like that one the next day.

Turns out they weren't broken at all, but the maids have the ability to lock down an elevator for however long they want. What bothers me is the first time I noticed this it was 8 at night. What in the heck would maids need to lock down an elevator at 8 in the night? Sounds like a bs story to me. Me and my family will never come back to this place again.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

This hotel is in a very busy run down part of Myrtle Beach. My first impression made me want to cry. The oceanfront rooms are directly above the very busy kiddie pools. If you want to sit on your balcony and hear the ocean that absolutely will not happen. We were so fortunate to have Brook and Chantel working the night we checked in. They searched for another room for us. We were moved from the second floor to the fifteenth floor. We lost the oceanfront balcony we really wanted but got an ocean view that was not above the swimming pools. These amazing ladies saved the day for us! I didn't yell or throw a fit I just asked nicely if there were any other possible rooms and they found the one and only option; let us look at it and we moved right then. If you want a loud, crowded vacation which is exactly what some people want this is the place for you. You couldn't ask for friendlier staff. Every single staff member we saw spoke to us and were genuinely friendly. The water areas are very small but numerous. Food options are minimal. Basic facts; I hated the location, June is the worst time of year to go, extremely crowded, limited food options, not close to anything except Family Kingdom, the staff are absolutely amazing, rooms were cleaned daily, bowling was fun $4 per bowler per game. The bottom line for our family-we will not return. Even out nine year old couldn't wait to leave but we normally vacation in the fall so we are not used to summer vacations.

Room tip: Stay away from the oceanfront rooms. They are super loud.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for leaving your comments about your experiences on Trip Advisor. It saddens me to hear about your overall experience. Please know it is our intentions to exceed all of our guests expectations and I am sorry we did not exceed yours. I am happy to hear about the positive customer service our staff delivered. Our staff works hard to be "the friendliest staff on the beach and I am thrilled they are doing just that. Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your review.