“Not a good dining experience”
Review of Key West Grill

Key West Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Key West Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #159 of 949 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Price range: US$9 - US$29
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We ended up here due to a long wait time at another restaurant we had picked. Upon first being seated we noticed it was hot in there and our waiter was profusely sweating and seemed overwhelmed. After ordering drinks and appetizers, I realized this was the worst Mojito I had ever had. My fried pickles were brought out without dipping sauce but by the time I had asked for it and got it they were cold. My husband and I got burgers, kids all got pizzas. Food wasn’t bad, nothing special. The cheese pizza does not have marinara though so it’s more like cheese bread. We did notice most of the wait staff was sweaty. Not sure if there was an air problem or what but it’s a little stomach turning to know your server could be dripping sweat into the food they bring you. Can we say “health violations”. I can’t say I will ever go back here even with the food being decent. I hope they fix whatever air problem they had going on & get some training for the bar staff.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 379)

10 - 14 of 1 380 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our first choice for dinner was an hour and 45 minute wait. Our second choice was almost 2 hours. We checked the wait time at Key West Grill since it has been a few years since we last visited and the wait was only 20-30 minutes. To our surprise, we were alerted for our table after only 10 minutes or so. Our server was great offering suggestions on menu items and appeared to be up front about her opinions which were greatly appreciated. My son had a chef's salad which was amazing. Word of caution...it's huge! My wife had a Cuban chicken bowl which was also delicious. I opted for the Mojito grilled chicken with baked potato after seriously considering several other menu items. The baked potato was perfect and the seasoning on the chicken was excellent. However, the chicken itself was not tender (a little on the tough side actually). Pleasurable dining experience with a great table and great view overlooking the lake at Broadway at the Beach.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A very nice restaurant to share family time with at dinner. Beautiful view across the water from the patio seating, very calm and relaxing. The food and service was excellent, definitely a must to have a meal or cocktails there. On entering the restaurant you will meet the friendly, beautifully colored parrot to greet you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed our group’s experience at Key West Grill. We were easily able to make a reservation and avoid a wait.

We had a table with a great view, which enhances the theme within.

From the appetizer to the mains, the food was wonderful. Everyone enjoyed every bite. The flavor, temperature, and presentation were all what you would want them to be.

I highly recommend the crab cakes and the Nachos Del Mar.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The service was pretty good but kinda little slow on the things we needed. He did take care of things and he was very polite.

The She Crab soup is Devine!!!! I had the Tortuga pasta and let me tell you it says on the menu “spicy sauce “ it was wonderful and had a nice little bit of heat.

The place was nicely decorated and the staff was wonderful and very polite.