“Better than most choices but not worth the price”

Thoroughbreds Chophouse & Seafood Grille
Ranked #10 of 957 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Price range: US$24 - US$39
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Arrowhead Road
Description: Established in 1988, Thoroughbreds has positioned itself as the Grand Strands leader in Fine Dining with year after year recognition. Most recent being the 2005 locals and visitors top selection in fine dining and most romantic restaurant, Golf Digest Magazine recommended dining and Wine Spectators’ Award of Excellence (we have over 300 wine and champagne selections in our cellar). We specialize in Certified Angus Beef Steaks and Prime Rib, fresh seafood ,and many gourmet selections as well as unique daily specials. We use only the best ingredients and all of our items are prepared from scratch daily. Tonight you could eat the same thing you get at the chain restaurants back home or you could dine at a true Myrtle Beach Classic.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I sat at the bar, service was terrific although there were only two other couples there. I ordered the duck as I thought the steaks were very expensive. The salas was very fresh and the blue cheese dressing superb but the duck was average if not on the dry side. Welcoming staff for being alone so I would return.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

WE visit Thoroughbreds almost every time in Myrtle Beach. Service is ALWAYS excellent with food to match.

2  Thank Jim W
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

First the service can’t be beat.if you read the reviews every one says ask for their waiter. I did’t see the name of mine I think it was Susan. What I’m trying to say is they all are excellent. It is a little pricey but not for a upscale steak house.everything we ordered was very good. That included appetizers we ordered shrimp cocktail and crab cakes. We both got steaks that were cooked just as we ordered. For dessert we got cheesecake.the decor was dark and subdued very nice.the best meal we’ve ever had in Myrtle beach.we will be back the next time we visit.

2  Thank Timmy G
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Had a couple of steaks with wine and some sides. The food was definitely good but not worth the price. By far the best thing I had was the fried green tomatoes. Hands down the best version of that I’ve ever had. Steaks were cooked well, sides were ok. Definitely worth checking out for a nicer restaurant in the Myrtle Beach area but not quite on par with a Ruth’s Chris or Halls Chophouse.

1  Thank Angela N
Reviewed 18 June 2018

My husband & I both had the most delicious we have experienced here in Myrtle Beach. The Prime Rib I ordered was done to perfection, my husband had the Surf & Turf, which he stated " as the best he has ever eaten". Beth was our waitress and could not have made us feel more pampered.

2  Thank garichards2018