Reviews (5 552)
2 353
1 515
2 353
1 515
All reviews pinnacle building crows nest lazy rivers rose restaurant tiki hut ocean front water slides free dvd rentals breakfast buffet across the street parking garage off season bedroom condo indoor and outdoor pools family vacation recommend this resort rooms were very clean
807 - 812 of 5 552 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

room very nice but questionable housekeeping services. location not real convenient for shopping or restaurants within walking distance. Grounds (especially the paved area between Schooner and Pinnacle) very uneven. Tripped and injured knee.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2018

One of the best hotels ive ever stayed in. Clean rooms. Lots of activties. There wasnt alot of people on the beach where we were located so that was nice. I would recommend Compass Cove to everyone...

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank lcorle299062
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I love this resort. My kids had a blast, because so many different pools to choose from, a lazy river and a kiddie pool. Then beaches is literally a minute walk away...I love having a oceanfront room, literally the best sleep ever. We can't not wait to come back!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank sbaile875790
Reviewed 27 June 2018

My friend and I stayed in the so called "new" Indigo building, and were told they just opened the building one week before our arrival. Well, they should have saved the opening for another few months, and worked out all the maintenance issues. We had a TV which turned on and off without being touched, and called for maintenance twice, but they never showed up. We were on the eighth floor, however, the elevators were consistently not working, and when they did, they were pretty scary. The shower head was directly in front of my chest, not overhead, and I'm only 5'8", and the tub filled up with water before I could even finish my shower. There were no luggage carts when we arrived, the room never got cool (due to a very a tiny unit), and the hot tub in our building was drained. The curtain to our oceanfront room only opened halfway as the air unit was in the corner, so there was only half a view. We paid way too much for this room, and I definitely would not recommend this resort to anyone. Even at checkout, I was asked about my stay, and was very honest about the maintenance issues occurring, and the clerk seemed to agree, but did not offer any consolation.

Room Tip: Choose another resort
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank luvmysajd
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying, I did my research and found this resort to have 4 stars out of 5 on Trip Advisor. We live in a beach town, but decided to go to a family resort so my four-year-old could have a waterslide and multiple pools, but also be able to go to the beach for his birthday. We were so disappointed, as the pictures online looked NOTHING like the resort did when we arrived.

While waiting on our room to be ready, my husband took our older son to the pool. The pool with water slides was overcrowded as it was much smaller than it appears online. My husband found a condom floating in the lazy river. Yep. He moved our son outside immediately.

When our room was ready, I took our baby to the room first, and checked it out. My initial reaction was that the ac wasn’t working because it smelled so musky. I was right. One unit was just blowing cool air, not ac. There was trash around the First bed and on the floor in the first room. White powdery substance on the headboard, fan falling out of the ceiling and stains on the wall. When my husband and son came shortly after my son went straight for the phone as every kid does. The phone was covered in dirt and hadn’t been wiped down in a long time. The rod that moves the curtains was missing. We shortly found it in a crack on the other ac unit below it, covered in dust and dirt. Obviously his hasn’t been cleaned in a long time and the handle has been broken off for some time. This tells me that someone in management isn’t communicating properly to allow this to happen. Meanwhile, while I’m briefly looking around the room, my husband went to rinse off my son and the cold water knob wouldn’t work so he had to use a towel to turn it so it wasn’t scalding. And last, the plates in the cabinet had dust on them. We decided to leave right then and check out instead of changing rooms. When I calmly asked for a manager the front desk girl wanted to know hey and I showed her all the pictures, she said “gross.” But she wasn’t surprised. The manager looked at my pics and nicely agreed that she would refund my money and check us out. She didn’t seem surprised either. Lots of reflection on the management here through all this.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank N_the_industry
Monica A, Manager at Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear N_the_industry,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our resort online. We appreciate each and every guest. It is our goal to keep all of our guests safe, comfortable and happy during their entire stay with us.I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here with us at the Compass Cove Resort. Please feel free to reach out to us at your convenience here at the hotel and I will be glad to speak with you about the details of your stay. I look forward to hearing from you in the not too distant future.

Monica Anderson