“Wow”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
kimmykimk...
“Wow”
Reviewed 6 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

My father in law booked a suite for a week and me, my husband and our son joined them. We got there on thursday and left saturday. The place was bigger than my house, very nicely furnished and clean. We stayed in room 201 on the 1st floor. We had a corner suite with 2 balconies overlooking the pier and the pools. There were minor problems with some appliances but the air conditioner was really cold. I loved the place! The pool was nice, the bottom pool was chilly. There are a lot of rules that i didn't appreciate concerning the "beach people" like having to use service elevator s....ummm its a beach resort....Everybody is going to the pools and beach...idk. The kiddy water park was cool. Idk how much it cost so i cant speak to that but if you have the money i would totally recommend. The traffic getting out of the complex and onto thw hwy was horrible. They also have a shuttle to take you places, idk how far.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
itaquera
“Great apartment.”
Reviewed 19 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Loved the location and the view. Very spacious and great floor plan. Front desk lady was to intimidating and was sending our group to service elevator all the time. Felt descriminated.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
David C
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great place for a family vacation”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 for a stay in June 2012

My family and I stayed at the Margate Tower in June of 2012 (I know...long overdue), and absolutely loved the facility. Our rental unit was on the 15th floor facing the beach. We could not have enjoyed our stay more. It was three bedrooms with 3 bathrooms and 2600 sqft of total space!! My parents had a bedroom with a private bath, as well as my wife and I, and the boys shared a room and bathroom...perfect for everyone. The kitchen was large and well equipped. Because of this, we actually cooked in the condo one night...something I've never done before while on vacation, and it was a welcomed change.

The thing about Margate is that each unit is individually owned and, thus, decorated and maintained separately. Ours was very well appointed and taken care of, so our experience will be different than someone who may have stayed in one not quite up to snuff. The facility as a whole, however, is excellent and I can't see anyone complaining. It is a gated area with security at the front entrance, so a certain level of security exists as well as exclusivity. Keep in mind that this is not a hotel and there are not bell boys to help with luggage. You're on your own here. This place is, by design, sort of a condo high rise, with very spacious living units.

With that said, our stay was remarkable in that the facility was beautiful, the beaches were groomed nightly and the staff, what little I actually saw, were courteous and professional. Perfect, and exactly what I was anticipating.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The space
Liked least: Reseving space on the beach early in the morning
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
roadtripb...
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Margate Towers, North Myrtle Beach - can't use the beach”
Reviewed 17 October 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

We were in unit #2605. Unit was mostly nice, although the bed in the room we were in was in very bad shape. We woke up with back pain every day and had a hard time sleeping. Our bathroom had mold, the windows didn't open, the oven was dirty and smoked up the condo when we turned it on, and the fridge water dispenser didn't work. I felt a little cheated having paid a lot of money and to not have everything perfect.
The worst part of the trip was the beach. Every morning, the lifeguards (and I use that term loosely) would line up beach chairs and umbrellas in the entire beach front. What this means for a renter is that you can not set up your umbrella in front of this row. The chairs and umbrellas are so close together that by setting up behind them, you had to walk all the way to the end of the row to access the ocean. if you havekids - you can't see them. The only place you could set up was by the pier - where it is a no swim zone. This particular area backs into a bacteria infested sand zone. There is one little sign warning people not to touch this section of sand. I saw kids in there all the time as the sign is not noticeable when you come out from the condo. The condo is next to a huge trailer park. What this means is there was a daily competition of rushing out early in the morning to secure a spot on the sand in an area where you are not behind the long row of umbrellas. We had to get up early and run down to set up our stuff before others got to it. keep in mind - you aren't allowed to swim in that area - this ended up being highly inconvenient, especially since we asked the owner if there was competition for beach space. Where we usually go for vacation, there is competition and so we were alert to this possibilty. she told us no - the beach is open. The life guards were more busy processing transactions for the chair rentals than watching the people in the water. Chair rentals ran $40 for 2 chairs and one umbrella. You better like your neighbor because they are placed in a solid row and if there is more than 2 of you it is impossible to spread out unelss you rent more chairs. did I mention that by being by the fishing pier, it attracted sharks. There were several shark sightings while we were there. and they came up pretty close to where people were swimming. There is clearly some issue between condo owners and renters so the condo has made it impossible for a tourist to have a good time there. For the amount of money we spent for this rental, I felt cheated. I don't recommmend staying there and as an fyi, by walking up the beach, many other condos follow suit. Avoid North Myrtle beach.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Water was warm, noce balcony overlooking ocean
Liked least: Beach, bed, moldy bathroom, unable to open bedroom window to listen to ocean at night, over priced
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
A TripAdvisor Member
“Summer Vacation”
Reviewed 5 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Good time

Management Response
5 Aug 2013
Please come back soon! Thanks
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing