“Lots of rides for the kids.”

Family Kingdom Amusement Park
Ranked #39 of 127 things to do in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: This charming, old-fashioned amusement park features more than 30 fun-filled rides including an all-wooden roller coaster, Log Flume, Go-Kart tracks, historic carousel and the largest Ferris wheel in South Carolina.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

There are a lot of rides for kids here. I had 6 grandchildren that went to Family Kingdom. I bought wristbands for unlimited rides for the kids. I received a military discount which helped a lot. For the older children there are bigger rides according to height. There are plenty of places to get some amusement park food. The lemonade was fresh & cooled me off. The lines at the park went fast.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 386)
All reviews
"year olds"
in 15 reviews

12 - 16 of 1 386 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My 3 year old had an absolute blast at this park. This park has numerous rides available for the little ones. Definitely worth buying the "all day pass" with a coupon in local books. We went in mid June- no lines and my child was able to ride again and again. My older teens also enjoyed the bigger thrill rides. Be sure to check the height requirements. They do check at every ride to ensure correct height.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Family Kingdom is the only amusement park left on the strand since the OD Pavilion was moved. FKAP has a ton of rides for smaller kids too...best bet is getting the unlimited wrist band...trust me you will save money in the long run. The park is set up so you don't have to walk forever to get anywhere and it's just part of great beach vacation memory. Take the kids and enjoy.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Took my teenage daughter & her friend here. The guy who was in the parking lot was extremely friendly explaining the times things were open & such. It was at the admission line where the problem was. We paid for both the water park & rides for our 16 year old & her 15 year old friend. Then we paid just for us adults to ride the rides. It was after we forked over $170+ that the attendant told us the girls couldn't ride the water park rides with out someone 18 or older. Offered no refund or exchange mind you. They were at Carowinds two days before by themselves in the entire park with no problems. I was already pissed about Westgate people bugging me for discounts at rides & such so this has turned me even farther away from any of their attractions. You can bet I will be warning any of my family and friends about this too!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First off, the "all day" wristbands are a good value if you plan on staying until after dark. The park doesn't open until 1pm. Lots of rides for smaller children, but be aware that the height restrictions are strictly enforced. Some rides require adults with younger children and several of the rides are not "fluffy friendly", in other words Plus Sized folks beware.

That being said, this isn't a bad park. The kids enjoyed it and got to ride most of the rides they wanted. A little more shade would be nice if they could manage it. The guy working the arcade was super nice! Early in the afternoon when the lines were short, some of the workers would let you ride again without getting off the ride.

Buyer be aware, there is a list of rides at the entrance with the height restrictions clearly noted, but there are no warnings about which rides will turn away larger people. There are about 7 or 8 rides that are "Fluffy Friendly". The Swamp Fox coaster, the YoYo and the Galleon are among the ones that are not.

3  Thank Barbara J