Reviews (2 018)
2 018 results
1 020
1 020
All reviews kingston plantation the manager's reception coastal grill made to order breakfast wrap around balcony gated community complimentary breakfast apache pier shuttle service water park ocean front sliding glass fitness center lazy river living room family vacation indoor pool
18 - 23 of 2 018 reviews
Reviewed 8 September 2018

This is a great location for a family vacation. Multiple pools to choose from and a great water park for the kids. Loved the kids activities they offered and the DJ at the pool each afternoon. The breakfast was great and so convenient. This is a great spot for families. If you're not up for a family spot with lots of kids this won't be the place for you. If that doesn't bother you, it's a great place. The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars and even considered giving less is due to a Hilton policy I wasn't made aware of ahead of time. I am a Hilton Honors member. I booked 3 separate hotel rooms for my family, however, I was only given points for 2. I was sure this was a mistake so I wrote to Hilton Corporate. Nope, you only get points for the two even though you paid for three. I paid a lot of money for those 3 rooms and can't believe the points don't measure up to what I paid. I'll be looking for other than Hilton hotels for my future travels.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are more spacious. Only king beds are available though for ocean front rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Where to start. When checking in there was one person at first who was NOT friendly at all. We get to our room and it was DIRTY. The bathroom had mold and soap scum, one chair on the balcony that over looked the air conditioner units when we paid for an ocean view room. When going to the front desk for questions we had to WAIT until the staff finished their personal conversation before being helped. The night reception was poor compared to other embassy suites we have stayed at. Advertised an indoor pool that was in a completely different building. When at the bar for a night cap on Friday 9/7/18 she was NOT friendly at all. Before she made my drink she cleaned up the bar area, took her hand and scooped out the fruit from a used glass then stuck her hand in the freezer for my drink glass and never washed her hands she only wiped her hands on her pants. While sitting trying to drink my overpriced drink and feeling grossed out I noticed she kept itching her hair and touching food products and never once washed her hands, touched money and never washed her hands. Was very disappointed at Embassy suites Myrtle Beach, will never stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Joe M, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Thank you for responding. We always appreciate your feedback. We assure you that your concerns will be addressed. Thank you again for being our guest.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Before I get into this review, my review is coming from the view point of a young family with small kids. When reading reviews, everyone is writing from a different viewpoint. What one person is needing out of a hotel may be completely different from another person so don't read too much into the negative reviews.

Ok, so with that said, this resort was absolutely amazing and met our needs perfectly!. With 2 6 six year olds and an infant, we only needed a hotel with plenty to do for our children where my husband and I could also just relax and be in truly vaca mode. There is so much to do at the resort (not just at the Embassy Suites). You have access to 9 pools (I think 9) between all the hotels on the property. There is a sand bottom pool which was pretty cool but our kids didn't really want to spend any time there. This is truly a beachfront property where you can walk right onto the sand directly form the property. The "waterpark" section is so so so so fun and perfect for our children's age. The only bummer is the early close time at 6Pm during the summer. I wish it stayed opened longer. Everything you need is right on property. You really do not need to leave if you do not want too.

We had dinner on both nights on property and the food was great. You typically would expect hotel food t be subpar but we were very impressed. We ate at both restaurants at the Embassy Suites. For breakfast, I was impressed how they are able to manage the chaos with so many people and keep it efficient with very minimal wait time in the lines.

The only reason I could not give it 5 starts is for 2 reasons. 1. The front desk staff are absolutely amazing, friendly and a wealth of information. Maybe a little too much information. Everytime I would walk by the desk area, there were always long lines. It seems that there are always only 2 maybe 3 people working the desk and 1 woman who does not check people in but always looking up something on their system. She would occassionally tell people in line, someone will be with you shortly. My advice to management is not to allow people at the desk (especially during check-in or busy times) If they are not going to check people in. It shows that they are not a team player on only focusing on their job instead of helping out when needed. The other reason for the long lines is because the front desk agents take their time to explain absolutely everything there is to know about the property and the resort. They truly take their time. It's great when it's your turn but not when you're waiting for 20 minutes just to check-in.

The second reason why I was not able to give 5 stars had to do with housekeeping. They seemed not to be too friendly and not care too much. I brought breakfast too the room for our family. Once finished we stacked all the plates with the leftover food on the top and left on the table. When we came back to the room. The plates and food were still there. Maybe their policy is for it to be placed outside the door. But the other issue was on the first night we were there, there was a hair strand on the wall on left side of the shower head. The next day after housekeeping left, that same hair strand was moved to the right side of the wall next tot he shower head.

I didn't say anything to management because honestly, it didn't change our experience with our stay. I highly highly recommend this property especially if you have a family with young kids.

Oh, I totally forgot to mention the splash pad. Oh my!!! That was probably the most fun my kids had. It is located next to the fitness center and by the indoor pool. Our kids were the only ones in there and just had a blast. Now, we are from California and do not have any splash pads where we live so maybe it was just because they've never seen one before. But either way, it totally made their day to play in it.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view. with a substantial size balcony
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2018

A wonderful place to stay. Lots of things to do, right on the beach and very clean. Continental breakfast is wonderful. Lots of choices for breakfast. Seating for the breakfast buffet was right at the Windows overlooking the beach.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a reservation, which got cancelled because of a fraud issue on the card we used. When we finally decided we would still go to the beach, he called the hotel and they honored the much lower rate we originally had. Kay at the front desk worked hard to get it worked out, had a room ready when we arrived early, and even sent a complimentary gift basket to our room for our anniversary. This is not our first time here and will definitely not be our last! Every staff member has been friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and updated, and the pools are very nice.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple