“Best seafood buffet!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had a wonderful server at this buffet restaurant. He had our drink order to us in no time at all. He was so attentive in checking to see if we needed anything and cleared our plates immediately. The place was very busy too! The seafood was deluxe. Very large crab legs. Lots of variety. Great food..

Write a ReviewReviews (3 214)

48 - 52 of 3 214 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The warm crab legs were really good. I didn't realize the line for them without a cover would be cold, so beware.
I love fried oysters but these didn't even look or taste like oysters. The seacrab soup was pretty good. Fried mushrooms were good.
BUT, me and my grown daughter both left sick at our stomach the rest of the night. Won't go back because of that.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My granddaughter has Dairy and peanut allergies. I had gotten on Trip Advisor the week before vacation to check out the reviews on how Captain George's addressed such allergens All of the reviews was very positive so we decided to try it, once we entered in I informed the greeter that she had allergies she told me to inform my server, I did and he went to get the manager. Josh, oh my goodness, he came and took she and I across the entire buffet telling her what she could and could not have, then he went back into the kitchen and brought her out her own bread and a cup of margarine that had no dairy from the kitchen to ensure there would be no cross contamination. He also came to our table 4 times durning the course of our meal checking on her to see if he could get her anything else. As we were leaving he talked with us in the lobby to make sure she received plenty to eat and to see if he could do anything else for us. We were so impressed by his knowledge of all of the food and the ingredients. And to go that extra mile for us when there was a Resturant full of people. He did not have to do all of that but that is what separates Captain George's from other seafood restaurants. We have been coming to Captain George's for many years when we visit the Myrtle Beach area but now they will always have a special place with my family and I, because Josh took the time to help us in a very difficult food dilemma. And just went above and beyond the call of duty. Thank you Captain George and most of all thank you Josh.

2  Thank terryf954
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We dined at Captain George's Seafood Buffet on a family recommendation. We were very pleased with the cleanliness of the place as well as the amount and quality of the food prepared. On the four large buffets designed to be part of large ships reaching to the ceiling included a variety of vegetable, pasta, and seafood salads; many fried entrees and sides; cooked vegetables; baked, broiled, and steamed fish, clams, mussels, and other seafoods; an abundance of crab legs; prime rib; and more desserts, including fresh fruit, than is necessary. An adult price was $35.99 and for our 9-year old son, $19.99. Drinks were not included.
In sum, while I had sworn off the cheap and quickly prepared offerings of other beach seafood buffet restaurants, I'll return to Captain Georges. There's just something about it which sets it in a class above the others.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I started coming to Captain George's several years ago. We used to frequent a few other well known seafood restaurants in the area. We grew tired of the "everything fried" buffets at a high price. The Captain's cost is expensive at around $40 per person and drinks. You can get $3 off each meal if you go at the early bird. I have never seen such a selection of dishes, sides, salads and soups. They all are fresh and kept hot and full so you never see anything empty. I recommend the oysters, never too large or overdone. Also the She Crab soup is to die for! Do not leave without trying one if not several desserts. They are delicious. Give them a try when you are in Myrtle Beach!