“Quaint Stop”
Review of Boone Hall Farms

Boone Hall Farms
Ranked #24 of 371 Restaurants in Mount Pleasant
Cuisines: American
Description: "Restaurant and Shop with indoor and outdoor seating".
Description: "Restaurant and Shop with indoor and outdoor seating".
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I researched this stop for us on line, we were not disappointed. This is definitely a go to for fresh fruit and vegetables many to choose from. Large Deli. Fresh seafood. There were many take and bake meals. All looked delish, we bought several dips and snack items, fresh fruit. While you are there eat lunch it was very good! Waitress and hostess was very friendly, I must tell you to try the Crab cake sandwich, so good! it had pimento cheese and a fried green tomato grilled on some delicious thick sliced bread . they do fresh fried pork rinds that come out popping with hot dipping sauce they were a must try item. It is a small well kept restaurant no complaints there !

1  Thank KAY S

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

This fresh food market provides local produce and meats. It is about a mile from the plantation. It is on the expensive side but the food I bought for dinner was very good. I paid $6 for 13 ears of corn that were delicious. The ribeye was $12.99 a pound and had to be 3 inches thick. The sweetgrass baskets are high so don't buy them there. They do sell wine with the Boone Hall label, but I didn't try it. The market is worth a visit though, I might not shop here everyday if I lived here but I sure would go frequently for their quality.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Food was very good, as was service. There is a small gift shop area, where we bought some postcards and a sweet grass basket. There is also a grocery/market area, which had fresh produce and many other unique items. Since we were on vacation, we didn’t purchase any food items, but it was tempting. I certainly would if I lived in the area, or was driving and could take more items home, but since we had flown, it wasn’t practical, I would highly recommend!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

This place was quite a wonderful surprise. We stopped here after a visit to Boone Hall plantation because we wanted to look at more sweet grass baskets. They had a great selection of those. Going in we noticed a smoker in the parking lot and the barbecue smelled great so we decided to try lunch.
Wow! I had several local must-haves all in one amazing sandwich - crab and pimento cheese with fried green tomatoes all on delicious bread. My husband had the barbecue with collard greens which were also delicious - I know because I tasted! Since it's also a store we picked up a bottle of wine and a sweet grass basket, too. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

What a quaint market and cafe. Not use to having such a great selection right from the farm to the market to the table. We had a great lunch. Philly cheesesteak with tomato pie. Melts in your mouth. BBQ chicken sooo moist with cucumber salad yummy...crackling pork rinds...continue to crackle throughout our lunch. Heeheehee. Servers and hostess were sooo friendly and hospitable. Reasonably priced.
A stop is a must. :)