Abingdon Manor Inn and Restaurant
US$83
QualityInn
Economy Inn(Dillon)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsb bbeautiful manorgracious hostscooking classsouth carolinafeather bedother gueststravel northsouthern charmold southyellow roomnext morninghunter roomroad triphour driverooms are spacioussix courses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful place in a small town. The people were wonderful. Our room was to die for. Large room, king size bed, beautiful colors, and there was a bottle of bubbles for after dinner in our room. Down side you can hear the trains go by, up side , white noise machine provided. The food was wonderful, especially dessert.$$$$ but worth every Penney.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed 18 November 2017

The service was the best we've ever had, the ambiance was as welcoming as it was impressive, and the food was excellent. The only thing we did not like was the dessert because its arrival to our beautiful table was a signal that our wonderful night at Abingdon was coming to an end. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leary M
AbingdonManor, Owner at Abingdon Manor Inn and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thanks for the glowing review. We truly enjoy the opportunity to provide our guests with a memorable experience.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

The Manor impresses from first sight, what a lovely house and grounds. Michael greeted us at our car and helped with luggage to our room, while telling us about the house on the way. We stayed in the Hunter Room, beautifully styled and furnished. As the Inn was quiet on a Monday night, I sneaked a look through open doors at some of the other rooms, all individually styled and decorated. Cocktails at 7pm by the fire and dinner at 7:30pm precisely. The other 2 couples were friendly and we enjoyed chatting. Dinner was delicious and well presented, 5 courses, very nicely balanced with portions and flavours.The wine list is personally curated, offers good choice and is well priced. Service and hospitality throughout were superb. A special treat was the little bottle of bubbly (enough for 2 glasses), left chilled in our room which we enjoyed before bed.
Michael and Patty are truly hospitable and make an excellent team as front of house and chef respectively. I also thought that the Inn is excellent value for the quality of service, room and food.
I left my reading glasses at the Inn, someone found them, called me and they were posted to me the following day. Thank you.
We will be back!
Incidentally as others have said the village of Latta has really easy access to I-95, a great advantage and super relaxing after a long drive. I quite liked the sound of the odd freight train going through in the night. They do however supply ear plugs for those who are more easily disturbed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susancC701QM
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Maybe my fifth stay here. And why do I EVER stay anywhere else on the way to or from Florida? This is so consistently top-notch.

Stay. Go down for cocktails at 7. Dinner at 7:30. Dress up a little. You never get to do this anymore. And when you get back to your room, a little split of champagne and two glasses.

There's really nothing like it.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Nancycoll
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We had a family get together here. The meal we had was superb. I believe it was six courses. Every course was great. We have had family meals here on other occasions. Also, the service was outstanding. Quiet, elegant atmosphere. Everything
was A+.