See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

My husbands family vacationed here for a week.
We rented a private house through Wyndham 10 min walk from the beach.
We had a great time a bit far (10 min local village and 30+ min to Charleston for shopping and restaurants but we had a great time.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

Usually we go to Hilton Head, but someone selected Kiawah this year for our family reunion vacation. Rented a house across the street from beach. Definitely like the bike trails at Hilton Head better but the beaches and water are fantastic here. Beaches are vast, not crowded, clean, and water was warm and pleasant!
Great place for a beach week. Close to Charleston for some mid-week diversion also.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Looking for a beach getaway in which you don't have to search for a spot to place your beach towel? Kiawah Island offers a respit from crowds. Whether you golf or not the scenery is breathtaking. The restaurants make it easy to kick back and not stress over meal prep; however, if you are like me and enjoy cooking surrounded by family or friends the Harris Teeter has ample supplies for creating delicious meals.

The Sanctuary spa is one of the best I have visited.

Beaches walkable and clean.

Golf is world class.

What a wonderful getaway

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

We visited in March. Kiawah was beautiful and we appreciated the fact that it was gated with security. Lots of gnats were around if there eas no wind, but our condo had a screeed balcony which is a must away from tbe beach. Wish we had bikes for the great path! We had a view of the lagoon which was very nice. My only tip is to have a GPS ready if you plan to visit Charleston. It was a tricky drive and I don't know if we would have found it without it! We did not do much in the village. Pricey for our budget. We did buy groceries there and cooked in our condo. Red's was the best priced for a restaurant around there.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank daisyrach
Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

Important to know a little about the reviewer. I like my Starbucks, my high end watches and skeet but prefer camping in Death Valley or Big Bend, salt life, etc as opposed to a spa resort. Wife likes the beach.
Pros: Nice family resort. Very clean, safe. Quiet peaceful. Surrounded by nature. Feels far enough away from the hussle and bussle of the daily grind but close enough to drive to nite life entertainment. Great for riding bikes on paths, beach walks, low surf great to teach toddlers how to play in water, dolphin watching, alligators, egrets, low country kayaking etc. World class golf. 20 min drive to Charleston's museums, fine dining, and history. 35 min drive from airport.
Cons: A bit pretentious, but whatya expect it's higher end Southern society with multimillion dollar real estate. They gotta justify the property values as "exclusive." Resort restaurants are very nice decor but cuisine was OK. Personally prefer Charleston for restaurant quality but with children staying on the resort may be easier. Disclaimer: I may have a bias here as the sommelier at the Atlantic Room took it upon themselves to substitute my wine order with a cheaper brand. When I pointed out that by nose I could tell it wasn't what I ordered, the staff didn't have the professionalism to apologize or offer another choice. I was told by the teenage wait staff that the " sommelier reserves the right to substitute wine selections based on availability" without conferring with the guest. Note to The Atlantic Room this doesn't happen at The French Laundry Kitchen but in all fairness to the Atlantic Room I shouldn't even put in the same sentence as TFL.
Additional con: Noseeums. Greens fees are pricee for most but in line with other world class golf courses.
All in all good place for couples and family. Have been here several times and enjoyed it. Bad taste of table wine washes out with listerine and Glenfidich. :)
Other nice places: Sanibel/Captiva/DingDarling Preserve, Key West, Bar Harbor, etc.
Side Notes: Having read my review my wife says "it's pretentious" without even lifting an eye from her Danielle Steel. Hallelujah, I guess I found my peeps. :) Enjoy your travels.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family