All reviews freshfields village boutique hotel wrap around porch harris teeter saltwater pool lake view full kitchen across the street beautiful lobby fresh fields village minute drive beautiful hotel rocking chairs rented bikes lobby area nice pool free breakfast
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Our family of five loved our time at the Andell Inn. We could walk to all the cute shops and restaurants in the village. We had an alligator in the small pond outside our room that appeared every morning! We watched him out our window! The rooms were spacious and clean, the Inn is decorated for coziness and relaxation, and the pool area was awesome.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Our stay included me, my wife, and our ten year old daughter. Loved the beautiful lobby as soon as we walked in, and the person checking us in was very friendly. The room was nice and clean. Wife wasn't thrilled about the view from our 3rd floor room because there was the parking lot and then some construction equipment in the field beyond - but I've seen a lot worse views, as the lot is well maintained and surrounded by nice plants & trees, and the scene beyond was pretty much green.
Wifi and tv worked fine. No complaints with room, though they could use a few hooks to hang towels or garments on, and the bathroom door was somehow misaligned and you had to lift the door to enable it to latch & lock. Shower head/water pressure were perfect.
The pool was nice with lots of comfortable seating and fresh towels, and the bar nearby (you can get drinks in plastic cups to take poolside). Good drinks, though pricey as you'd expect at a hotel bar.
As this was a first visit to the area, we expected to get our bearings and more ideas for what to do once we got to the hotel - but they did not have any of the brochures/maps/flyers you'd expect to find in a high-tourism area. So we had to do most of our research on our iphones. Beach was a five minute drive away, as were some boat tours. So although this wasn't an oceanside/waterfront resort, it was still a good location.
I was very happy, when we'd return from the beach with damp towels and suits, to find the Andell Inn laundry room was complimentary - no gathering coins, etc. - and had a tv and good seating as well. A nice unexpected bonus. As was the Ben & Jerry's right across the street.
Breakfast is nicely done and presented (could use a 2nd waffle machine to cut the line down), including mimosas. Great outside seating too. We saw an alligator while eating our breakfast.
Really enjoyed the stay. Good place.

Room tip: 3rd floor pretty quiet. Only ice machine is 1st floor past pool.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2018

This hotel was wonderful! It is actually a Residence Inn by Marriott (but not like any other Residence Inn I've ever stayed at), and I wish we had stayed more than 1 night. We were able to check in early, which was great. The lobby & bar are super hip. Wonderful variety of seating areas in an open area but each area feels very private due to the high backs on the furniture and lots of furniture types for any comfort level. The bar was casual and vibrant. The staff was outstanding.
Our room was huge and well done. It had a kitchenette complete with all of the dishes, glassware etc that you could need and a refrigerator. While it was all open plan, it was super well designed to create different areas. There was a desk with data connections attached to the side of a huge sectional sofa that had cabinetry at the end with a tv on it that would swivel from the sitting area to to the bed so you could easily watch from either area. There was a large closet and a sink area outside the bathroom. The shower and toilet were together in a separate room. The shower was a water saver, but had great water pressure. The huge vanity area had open storage below to put your "stuff", which was nice. It had a large mirror that was back-lit which was a very nice dramatic effect. The only bad part was that the light was not bright enough for makeup application in the morning. I wish there would've been a supplemental overhead light that could be turned on for that need.
The bed was really comfortable and we never heard any noise from door slamming or people in adjoining rooms. The nightstands had integrated power/USB ports. Very convenient for charging AND phone alarms clocks!
Breakfast is included and there were tons of options including mimosas!!
Our room overlooked the water where we enjoyed seeing a number of herons & ibis.
This was just a really great hotel all the way around.

Room tip: We enjoyed the water view room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

This was a beautiful boutique hotel. The lobby was beautiful. The pool and porch were great for relaxing. I didn't do much because heat and humidity But the people out there looked to be relaxing. I enjoyed my view from the lobby and in the air conditioning. There was a jazz band on Thursday night that we thoroughly enjoyed. The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast bar was great and included mimosas. The view was wonderful as I drank my coffee and took in the beauty of my surroundings. There are great shops and restaurants around the hotel. Great for bike riding or just walking. Minutes away from the beach. Andell Inn is a great spot for families but is also wonderful for adult getaways.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2018

We took a risk and booked at this hotel and was pleasantly surprised. This was a great place to stay. I took my granddaughter who is 1-1/2 and she had a great time at the pool. The pool is very unique as it has like a kiddie pool at the top and the regular pool altogether. Lots of little stores and great places to eat. I would stay here again.

Room tip: There were several ways to enter the hotel which was nice when loading and unloading your car.
Date of stay: September 2017