““Seafood at its finest!””
Review of Long Island Cafe

Long Island Cafe
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We serve the freshest seafood 7 days a week. Opened in 1986, locally owned and operated. lunch and dinner, Sunday brunch
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We have had lunch at Long Island Cafe on our two previous stays in Isle of Palms. Always excellent from appetizers to their sandwich selection, crab cakes, seafood, or side dishes. Located in a small shopping center, having a comfortable casual atmosphere, it had always slipped my choice for full course dining. Was I ever surprised.
This trip we had a party of 12 including two grandkids. We wanted to celebrate my daughter’s birthday with a great dinner. Not wanting to drive into Charleston we decided on Long Island Cafe.
Super excellent choices, fresh seafood, prepared perfectly, with great side dishes. Great service, friendly wait staff. Nice to deal with people who obviously like their job, and take pride in their work.
All dishes were excellent, and with twelve people, all having different main courses, prepared differently, all were outstanding!
Don’t miss this place. I stake my review reputation! Whether you are staying in Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, or Isle of Palms, get there.
Make reservations. Also reasonably priced.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We were able to get reservations and enjoy a great meal on the island. The place is tucked beside the Harris Teeter. Don’t let the location stop you! They have great food and drinks. Lightly fried seafood and specials each night. Service was excellent. The crab cakes and flounder were cooked to perfection.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Don’t judge this book by its cover. Located in a small strip mall from the outside this restaurant may not scream awesome but step inside and you’ll be surprised by the bright welcoming ambience. Menu is simple but with just enough choices to make seafood and landlubbers happy. As appetizers my husband had the she-crab soup served with sherry on the side just the way it supposed to be. I had sea scallops lightly breaded and cooked to perfection. The portion was extremely generous more then some main dishes I’ve seen. For our mains my husband went with the fried seafood sampler and I had a grouper special with cheese grits as one of my sides. It was delicious with light flavoring that did not mask the fresh flavor of the grouper and was topped with a crab cake. My husbands was also cooked to perfection. Service was excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant. We are looking forward to our next visit to isle of palm and Long Island cafe.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

The restaurant in in a strip mall next to Harris Teeters. Not too appealing, or visible from the outside. Great seafood, fresh fish, and service. You must try the coconut cake. Key lime pie is good, thicker crust would be my preference. PoBoy sandwich’s are more than a meal.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We returned from 2+ weeks of travel in Italy on the night of June 19th. On the night of June 20th, too tired and lacking motivation to prepare dinner at home, we decided to visit our local favorite, the Long Island Cafe on the IOP where we enjoyed fantastic dinners! While we enjoyed lots of terrific Italian cuisine at many wonderful restaurants in the Lake Como area, Florence and Tuscany area, and in Rome, we both agreed that last night's dinner at the Long Island Cafe was the best food we've experienced in the past 2+ weeks!!
We enjoyed appetizers of a rich and wonderful clam chowder ( I'm originally from the NH seacoast, so I know ALL about clam chowder perfection!) and crab cakes. Our entrees of crab stuffed shrimp and crab topped grouper with sides of cole slaw and a vegetable medley of squash and zucchini were prepared perfectly and absolutely delicious!!!
If you haven't yet experienced the Long Island Cafe, make a reservation SOON!! You'll love it!!

1  Thank SCJan