other travellers have booked this property

Review of Oceanside 301-A

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Poor - based on 5 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
2014tay
“Not clean poor management thru Wyndham Vacation Rentals”
Reviewed 18 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We had a bad experience with Wyndham while visiting Charleston.
When I made the reservations I made it know to the CSR We needed an elevator::::My husband and myself were treating my sister and brother inlaw to a few days in Charleston and my sister is not able to climb stairs. The
CSR told me there would be an elevator in the building...our accommodations were on the third floor. It was around 7:30 in the evening when we arrived on Isle of Palms.....my navigation could not find the street name where the condo was located..so, I tried N Ocean which took us 4 miles one way out of the way..I called the phone number to find the correct address and was given a wrong street address...we were looking for 1400 Ocean Blvd and the CSR for Wyndham gave me 1140 Ocean Blvd...which actually pulled up on my navigation. After locating this address my husband and I proceeded to locate the room which was occupied my another couple...very embarrassing . At that point we walked down the road and found the complex where we were staying....to find there was no elevator. I called back Wyndham back and talked with the CSR again and he said he checked with his supervisor about giving us another accommodations since my sister would not be able to walk the stairs to the third floor....and we were told by the CSR, they had no other accommodations that we could transfer to....all the other ones were winterized for the cold temps that they were expecting that night. So, I had no choice but to stay since there was no where around that was available and I had my money invested in Wyndham. We finally figured out a way to get my sister up three flights of stairs...to find a condo that was very nasty....I have pictures to show this, which I sent these pictures to Dennis the CSR for Wyndham...the stove had grease on it, the kitchen sink had black specks on it, there was trash under a table, the floor had trash all over it...the heater was set on hold and we had a hard time trying to figure it out, before we did my sister and brother inlaw had gotten a chill....we were told someone would call us the next morning by 10 a.m....this never happened:::::after 11 a.m. I called Wyndham....and told the CSR what a night we had had......and was told by the supervisor that no one had called her about the problems....she told me the only thing she could do is put us in a unit that was 4 miles away from there.....that's what we did, to find that unit was in desperate need of new carpet...but it was cleaner....it took us awhile to get the heater figured out due to the hold....the smoke alarm was chirping in the middle of the night...battery needed changing, so we didn't have a smoke alarm...the heater kept turning off.....that night the TV quit working...and it never got fixed while we were there....they said it was AT&T Uverse problem....so, the last night we stayed we had nothing to do...We travel a lot and I have never had problems like this....it just kept coming....and Wyndham's employees didn't have any compassion for what we were going thru....I was ready to leave the first night, but didn't have any money for any more accommodations since I had paid all this in advance. Wyndham needs to train their employees how to handle customers and find solutions and be compassionate///

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Reviewed 21 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?

Travellers are raving about these Isle of Palms hotels

Chris D
Brunswick, Ohio
“Overall a good option, but a few drawbacks.”
Reviewed 7 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

I echo what the first reviewer said. This cabin is in a good location- it is walking distance to the beach and restaurants on the strip, though the building is the farthest away of all the properties. Groceries and other necessities are also right down the street. The cabin came with most everything you will need. It is in desperate need of some cosmetic work though, as the walls are dirty and need repainted. (Fresh paint is probably the difference between an "Average" and "Very Good" rating.) There is no elevator and 301-A is on the third floor, so if anybody has trouble with stairs this is probably not a good option. The balcony has an obstructed view of the ocean, but isn't too bad. Overall a good option, but might be worth the extra money for something right on the beach.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Reviewed 28 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing