“Unexpected meal”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Very good food, very good prices, spir of the moment meal, first visit and we will be back, didn't have room for dessert

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

When we go to the beach, I always look forward to the great seafood restaurants. Now, I have one close to home. The taste and presentation were excellent. The waitress was quick and friendly. Their salad dressings are homemade. I had the Shrimp ‘n’ Grits, and as a SC native, this was excellent!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Although our food was pretty average, the waitress was top-notch. She was so warm and welcoming with my young grandchildren. The kids' meals of hamburger and chicken strips were high quality and the portions were very generous. My daughter ordered the special blackberry margarita, but felt the rim salt was overwhelming.We split the ravioli;the sauce was incredibly rich and buttery, but the ravioli were nothing special.

Don't expect a lake view, the lake is SO close, but not close enough. :)

Dinner for 1, an extra salad, 2 kids' meals and a margarita were $40.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We had salmon and scallops. The food was delicious, but we left hungry. No complimentary bread was served with either. 4 scallops on one plate on a scant bed of spinach and a acant bed of rice under the 4 oz. of salmon. We left hungry! One more scallop, another oz of salmon/ rice and a roll would have complimented the meal nicely and our appetite would have been satisfied for the pricey bill.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

While visiting recently I went to dinner with some friends who live in the area because they like it so much. Two of us had the firecracker sirloin with broccoli and salad. The steak was cooked perfectly and the broccoli and salad were both very fresh. My other friend had the ribeye and mashed potatoes. We also had the cheese cake and a chocolate peanut butter pie, but I don’t recall the name of the dessert. Both desserts received rave reviews from my friends. The atmosphere was cozy and the service excellent. We went early and as we were leaving a lot of people were coming in.

Been to Bowen's Landing? Share your experiences!