“Horrible experience”
Review of FACES DaySpa

FACES DaySpa
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted Hilton Head Island's Best Day Spa 14 years in a row! From luxurious spa treatments to top selling cosmetics to trendy gifts, you'll find it all at FACES. Whether you can spend an hour or spend an entire day, a visit to FACES is like a vacation within a vacation. Open 7 days a week.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The customer service at FACES was disappointing. Upon arrival, they told me that they had me scheduled for an earlier time. They had my phone number and credit card entered in the system wrong as well. Clearly the mistake was on their end. Instead of offering me another time to come in, they shuffled me into a massage room and did a 35 minute massage (originally booked for 80 mins). The therapist was cold and rude. They charged me for a 50 min massage and when I told them to give me some time to look around the boutique for oils they just went ahead and rung me up before I had a chance to shop. By the way, there was no one in the spa at this time. I will never return due to how unprofessional they were. Definitely not a relaxing experience.

1  Thank TToct1972
"wexford"
"sc"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 7 June 2018

I had the hot rock massage, and the experience was "over the top amazing"in every way! I enjoyed shopping for a some special gifts in the store area. There was a wonderful selection of unique items that I couldn't help myself from purchasing.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Had the bamboo fusion massage with Melissa and it was wonderful. She was nice and very good at working out all my kinks. I also had the wine wrapture with Chantel (who was also a very nice person) and it made me feel so relaxed and my skin so luxurious. Only one small annoyance... the ladies in the mani/pedi area need to be mindful of their voices as the carry into the massage rooms that are right in the front. A bit distracting. Maybe they need to put in a wall with a door instead of a screen to help with that. I will be back!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

I had thrown my back out while I was 7 months pregnant, and I really needed a therapeutic massage to help ease all the pain I was in. Melissa really did an incredible job, she is by far the best massage therapist that I have been to. She knew exactly where it seemed the pain was coming from and really helped work out the kinks in those areas. Not only is the facility beautiful, but the entire staff that works there truly goes above and beyond to ensure your appointment is perfect!

See more reviews
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

We went in for a couples massage and it was surprisingly unimpressive in every way. When I called to make the appointment the lady I spoke with called me back several times after I made the reservation to confirm different information that she must have forgotten to ask initially. I also was in a meeting and got out to find 7 missed calls from the salon. Why do they need to call me 7 times? When I called back I was placed on hold for at least 10 minutes and then hung up on. I didn’t bother calling back and did not receive any additional calls so I’m not sure what was so important when they called 7 times.
I had been recommended by a co worker, but I guess this person has never been to a quality spa or had a decent massage! The spa is very dated, and is in serious need of an upgrade. It is also very small, especially in the massage room - it was very claustrophobic and I don’t feel that way often. The seating area to relax before and after your service is very small and when we finished our massage there was no open place to even sit so we really had no choice but to leave.
But I haven’t even gotten to the masseuses - I can’t speak for my husband but I could barely even feel my masseuse massaging my body. It was so soft and felt like she was just very gently rubbing her hands over me. It was awful. We will not consider returning unless the salon moves to a larger space and hires more competent staff.