“Amazing service, food, hush puppies”

The Crazy Crab Harbour Town
Ranked #121 of 395 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Price range: US$18 - US$32
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Description: A Spectacular Waterfront Dining Experience Overlooking Hilton Head Island's Famous Harbour Town Marina The Crazy Crab menu is derived from Lowcountry recipes, and each entree is individually prepared to order. The Alaskan Snow Crab Legs are the best on the Island - winning local awards for multiple years. There is plenty of family entertainment just outside the front door with the Harbour Town Lighthouse, a massive playground, live music in the summer, and amazing views of Calibogue Sound. The Crazy Crab bar provides a nice cozy atmosphere to relax after a round of golf at one of the prestigious Sea Pines golf courses. Come visit and see why The Crazy Crab has been a local favorite for over 30 years!
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We love this restaurant. The food, prices, and ambience is amazing. It overlooks the harbor. The hush puppy baskets are huge and so good! If you go, ask to be seated with Mary. We've been served by her a few times and she is really excellent at enhancing the dining experience. Her suggestions are great and she's a super-attentive server. She made sure we had a great experience.

hiltonheadcrab, Public Relations Manager at The Crazy Crab Harbour Town, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Sounds like an outstanding experience! Great to hear Mary made it exemplary and you greatly enjoyed the atmosphere. Thanks for the 5 stars!

Write a ReviewReviews (2 152)

151 - 155 of 2 152 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We love the Crazy Crab! Great staff with great seafood selection. This place doesn’t disappoint. Best crab legs, crab cakes, shrimp. Must go to when in Harbour Town.

"Doesn't disappoint", "Must go"! Great descriptions! Thanks for the 5 stars, Meggie.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has been in Harbor Town for ages and I can’t figure out why it’s so popular. It’s loud, filled with tacky decor and always a long wait. If you are choosing to have dinner one night in Harbor Town, CQ’s is by far the better choice. The Crazy Crab is full of families with small children overpaying for their meals. There are far better seafood places with a casual atmosphere for families — skip this one!

hiltonheadcrab, Public Relations Manager at The Crazy Crab Harbour Town, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Well, thanks for the feedback, Liesl. We wish you had enjoyed a better meal with us. And yes, CQ's is a great local restaurant!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Arrived and was told 1 hour wait. Was surprised when I got a text 25 minutes later saying table was ready. Ordered the bacon wrapped BBQ shrimp....awesome. daughter had Bourbon Teriyaki chicken, again that was awesome

So glad you got in so quickly! Summer is a busy time on the island! Two great meal choices, BBQ Shrimp and Teriyaki Chicken! Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My family & I were excited to head here after a 8 year hiatus. I was so looking forward to their shrimp & grits, so much so that I did not look at the rest of the menu. You can imagine my disappointment when I was told that they were out of Shrimp & Grits before 2pm on a Monday. Ours wasn't the only table that was upset /disappointed--2 other tables tried to order this after we had already received our food & I heard several "Oh no"'s. I ended up getting a cheeseburger because the rest of my family was ready to order. My husband had the flounder, one of my teenagers had the golden shrimp, the other had the crab cakes. The Flounder & Crab Cakes were great--both finished their plates! The Golden Shrimp were good & fresh but, too fishy tasting for the teenager. My burger was just Ok- the fresh tomatoes were tasty. We also ordered the hot crab dip before the meal & it was just ok- not worth the $11 (IMHO) but, we were hungry & we ate it all. Also the crab dip was really small. We may try to to return on this trip but, I think I'll call ahead to ask about the Shrimp & Grits. Good Meal & a Good Value between 80-90 for all 4 without tip. Oh & our waitress was very nice. We were also seated right away. Visited Monday, 06/25/18 between 1-3pm.

hiltonheadcrab, Public Relations Manager at The Crazy Crab Harbour Town, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Our apologies for running out of your favorite! This is definitely not typical so next trip you should be good to go! Please feel free to call ahead to confirm!