“Great family get away”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great family get away”
Reviewed 16 September 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

The unit had everything that we needed for a perfect beach get away. The kitchen was well stocked with pots, pans and utensils and the beach supplies were ample. We never got a chance to use the pool, but certainly took advantage of the beach and spent most of our time outside.

Your age range 35-49
Traveling...
“Clean and inviting”
Reviewed 8 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

I booked this unit as a last minute rental. The owner was accomidating and responded quickly. I chose this unit based on past reviews. A reviewer mentioned it only being surface clean- this was not the case for us. Unit was very clean and the starter supplies were wonderful. Other condos I have booked did not include these items. We also did not have an issue with noise.

The kitchen was well stocked and we loved the crock pot being provided because it allowed us to hit the beach and come back to dinner. We also took advantage of the games and puzzles provided in the cabinet.

The unit had a great location on Island. Close to shopping, restaurants, and coligny plaza (my favorite spot on the island). Unit was not a far drive to Sea Pine where the Salty Dog Cafe is located. We love Hilton Head and are over joyed to have found this condo! We will become repeat guests!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Teri S
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Shelly did have some trouble with the cleaning crew and was more then happy to communicate with me and take care of any issue. Sometimes things are out of a owners control and I know she has taken care of this issue and replaced the crew.

It was a very nice and enjoyable stay. Nice price for a family with kids. Pools and tennis courts were great as well. Thanks Shelly.

Travelling group: Other
Louisvill...
Louisville, Kentucky
“Not a good choice”
Reviewed 16 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

This condo was inside a group of condos that had a hotel feel, not a homey feel.
This unit was only surface clean. The ceiling fans and baseboards had so much dust that we cleaned them ourselves. There were not enough supplies, like trash bags, for a whole week. The view off the balcony is basically a small thing of water and a parking lot. Not lovely. The furniture was very dated and the condo was quite small. The blinds were in bad shape. It was a very long walk to the beach, and the pool was so full we could never use it. The elevator waits were long, and the luggage carts were always missing. You can hear people in the other units. The washer and dryer rooms are also not very clean and the dryers don't even work well. I will definitely not be returning.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
20 Aug 2014
Thank you for your review. I take all reviews seriously as this is truly "my home away from home." First, I wish you had contacted me while you were there as I would have had the cleaning crew come back out. Although guests pay for cleaning I do subsidize some of the cleaning cost.

Regarding the cleanliness: I have reported this to the cleaning company and I am actively looking to find a new cleaning service.

Not enough supplies: The supplies are complimentary and are meant to be "starter supplies" so you do not have to run to the store to get staples when you arrive. The shampoo/conditioner and toilet paper have always lasted the full week for my family; however, the trash bags and paper towels always run out. (most condo's don't include the toiletries)

The view off of the balcony: The view from the balcony is shown in photos 29 and 30 in the listing. I personally find listening to the fountain relaxing. The balcony is also shown in photo 28.

The furniture was dated: The furniture has all been replaced within the last three years. The wicker style is popular at beach locations. The photos of the inside of the unit depict the current furnishings.

The unit was small: The total living space of 843 square feet is also on the listing.

The blinds were in bad shape: Unfortunately, not all guests are gentle with the blinds or furnishings. The blinds were replaced at the start of the summer rental season.

Long walk to the beach: The walk to the beach is approx 1/4 mile across the boardwalk. Shuttle service is also provided. I am very upfront with the distance to the beach. The listing also shows a photo of the boardwalk. There are several reviews that talk about the boardwalk but most people enjoy the walk.

Pool being full: There are two outdoor pools and one indoor pool on the property. I have never seen more than one or two families at the pool by building four. Although, this certainly may have been the case it is out of my control.

Elevator waits were long: I know these elevators move painfully slow. Considering you are only going up two stories it feels that elevators are the slowest in the state. We use the stairs more often than not.

Luggage carts: I wholeheartedly agree that there are not enough luggage carts. I have brought this up to the HOA board. That being said this is relatively common problem with both condos and timeshares.

You can hear people in other units: I suspect this depends on who is renting around you on that given week. I have only had issues hearing kids running down the hall and never an issue with my neighboring guests. I wish I could say the same thing for the luxury hotels I stay in on Long Island.

The washer/dryer room was dirty. Dryer didn't work well: I will check this out when I close the unit for the summer season and start the fall/winter season. If necessary, I will report the condition to management. I have never had an issue with any of the dryers.

I stay in this unit about four weeks a year. At the end of the winter season, at beginning of the summer season, at the end of the summer season and prior to the winter season. My number one goal is guest satisfaction which is why I appreciate the feedback both good and bad.
GGPops
Palatine
“Large Condo Resort”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

Our holiday week end stay was very comfortable at this resort once we got the unit AC repaired. Owner was spot on in getting repair done quickly & efficiently. Resort felt very safe; deadbolts on the doors, security patrolling the grounds, gated entrance. Kitchen had a very generous supply of dishes/utensils, appliances etc. Ample towels, nice toiletries, iron and hairdryer were included in the rental; even beach chairs in the closet. Pool was close to our building and has a gift shop, snack bar (including breakfast) and a cocktail bar which was incredibly convenient. Despite the holiday week end, pool had sufficient lounge chairs any time of day. A few things need mentioning; luggage carts are at a premium and are difficult to acquire. "Ocean Front" is somewhat misleading considering the resort is set well back from the beach/shore and only accessible via a very nice boardwalk over a tidal marshy area. However the resort has a shuttle that runs from the resort to the beach via the boardwalk continuously throughout the day. We preferred walking the boardwalk just for the added exercise. There is also a restaurant bar at the end of the boardwalk on the beach, again incredibly convenient, although much pricier than the pool snack bar. Although we ate all our meals out, there is also a very nice picnic area with tables and grills for outdoor cooking. This rental was an exceptional value on Hilton Head island considering we shared it with another couple; not "high end", but clean, safe, comfortable and close enough to the beach if you don't mind walking.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Value on the rental
Liked least: Resort was not
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing