Reviews (2 210)
2 211 results
All reviews ocean front marriott resort oceanfront room pool area self parking palmetto dunes gift shop an upgrade beautiful beach business center general store an umbrella bit dated long weekend off season nice resort fitness center
741 - 746 of 2 211 reviews
Reviewed 28 October 2015 via mobile

The hotel has been recently renovated and it looks great. Our room was spacious and we were upgraded to ocean view upon check-in. Room service was delicious and prompt. I enjoyed the Starbucks in the gift shop for a great coffee.

Only cons to the stay were leaks in the building. However they had been blocked off and were being repaired. Our bathroom light burnt out but engineering was at the room less than 10 minutes after I called - fantastic!

When the room above ours showered, the ceiling in our bathroom (Room 472) leaked into the tub. It never bothered me but it needs to be repaired for the future.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Brittany H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2015

Madison B,

Thank you for taking the time to share both your positive and constructive feedback. We are thrilled that you loved our refreshed guest rooms, stunning ocean views and delicious dining and coffee. Thank you, as well, for your valuable input regarding the leaks. We really appreciate you filling us in. We hope to welcome you back for a seamless stay in the future.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Ocean Front balcony with a beautiful view. Front desk was friendly when we arrived. Mattresses were very soft, sloping on one side, and need replacing. Pillows had a smell.
We used room service both evening and found them very prompt. The food was good, and it was nice to sit on the balcony to eat while they listening to the ocean.

Room Tip: Choose and upper level room for the best view.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Brittany H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

TexasTraveler077,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with both your positive and constructive feedback. We are delighted that you loved our stunning views, friendly staff and excellent rooms service. We also appreciate your helpful input on our property. We always find our guests' opinions very valuable. We hope to welcome you back soon and exceed your expectations in every way.

Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

Staffs are amazing. Friendly, always smiling, approachable and active. Diana helped us in our check-in. Matt at the front office also helped us. Regine at the gift shop guided us with directions. Marlowe and Yasmin, managers at the pool deck, were very accommodating. Tonya, the bartender, was so sweet. But some of the staffs don't know how to speak in english.

I was lucky to experience the new renovated room. It's spacious and clean. They don't have cable dor their TV. Limited channel. I like the bathroom but the shower had a strong pressure that it's kinda painful to the skin. The coffee maker didn't work.

Another thing that was quite disappointng is their pool. It's not clean!

Overall, I'm giving 4.5 stars for this Marriott

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Brittany H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2015

Kim T,

We would like to thank you not only for your positive feedback but also for your constructive feedback as well. We are pleased that you loved our exceptional staff. Thank you for letting us know about each of our team member's notable hospitality. We also appreciate your input on our guest rooms and pool area. We hope to welcome you back for a seamless stay in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

After reading some negative reviews on this site, I was concerned about attending a conference in this hotel, but I found the hotel to be just fine. It's not new, and it's a typical large conference hotel, but my room was clean and comfortable, and I found most staff to be friendly and helpful. And the beach is absolutely gorgeous! Be warned, though, that there's a $15/day fee added for on-site self parking. You really have no other choice for parking unless you want to pay a greater fee for valet parking, so add that fee to the rate you're quoted.

One note about staff: I asked about late checkout, as I had a business meeting that ended at 12:00. The young woman at the front desk said she could give me a 12:30 checkout, and I thanked her graciously. So I was surprised when she then snarled, "But that's the best I can do!" I was pleased with the time she offered and had thanked her, so why ruin it by speaking to me as if I were complaining? She's the reason I gave the hotel only three stars for service.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Brittany H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2015

Broadwaytraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to fill us in about your stay. We are very pleased that you found our guest rooms clean and comfortable and our beach area fantastic. Thank you for letting us know about your experience requesting a late check-out. We always want our guests to be treated with first-class service and hospitality so we appreciate your feedback. We hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 20 October 2015

My wife and I chose to stay here due to a change in plans for a recent trip. Although we saw some negative reviews, we took the chance because of our positive experiences with Marriott. We were pleasantly surprised with this resort. For the money, it is an excellent option.

Our room was 716 overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and the pool area. The view was spectacular - we even saw dolphins swimming by our room along with a beautiful sunrise each morning. While some reviews spoke of the wear and tear of the resort, we saw very little evidence of this. The room was excellent. The pool area was very nice. An excellent feature of the pool area included signs that stated lounge chairs could not be reserved. I have always found it so annoying when we stay at resorts where others reserve their pool chairs at 6 am but fail to appear until afternoon.

We enjoyed daily walks on the beach. The island also has bike paths everywhere with numerous options to rent bikes either at the resort or off site.

We ate in the restaurant cafe once but chose to get the local flavor the rest of the week at various restaurants on the Island. We used TripAdvisor for recommendations of the restaurants and found many great places for breakfast and dinner.

One final added feature of this resort is the three excellent golf courses. I highly recommend a lesson or two with Doug Weaver - a former PGA Tour player and the Director of Instruction at the resort. He does an excellent job. The resort also offers many group lessons etc. See the concierge desk for this info - I wish I had known about it before I arrived as I missed a couple opportunities I would have taken advantage of.

Overall, I would highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cme12ee

cme12ee,

We are delighted to hear that you were so pleasantly surprised by your time at our resort. It is wonderful that you loved our stunning views, fabulous property and terrific golf courses. We are so glad that you enjoyed your lesson with Doug! Should you and your wife return to Hilton Head in the future, we hope to be your hotel of choice.