“Girls day”

Brick Street Cafe
Ranked #79 of 1 010 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are here on Tuesday and Wednesday 11am- 6pm for cake pickups and Thursday thru Saturday from 11am- 10 pm. We are closed on Sunday and Monday.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My daughters took me to lunch. We were there around 12:30. It was packed. Usually a sign that the food is good. There were several reserved tables and a large company group there as well. So we did have a wait. Miss Sue herself looked out for us. Has a nice table up front. The waiter was attentive and the food was delicious. Grilled cheese, tomato soup, chicken salad, quiche, and the best sweet potato cake.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Always excellent food with a wide variety of choices. Leave room for the dessert as the cakes are the best in Greenville!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

WORST attempted dining experience of my life. Walked in and the greeter attempted to seat us in the back, a woman who was bussing the tables, escorted us to a table in the front. Water was placed on the table, waiter came over to take our orders, no greeting, no introduction. He asked to take our order, was impatient during the ordering process, didn't explain what entrees came with, no information or polite chat, just a stone face. Didn't ask us for a drink order, we asked the same black woman who seated us and apparently bakes all the cakes, and whose picture is on the wall, for two glasses of iced tea, which she promptly brought over. I had to go over to the serving station to get my own straws. I watched our waiter approach other tables with a smile and laughter. Waited 30 minutes, our food never arrived. During the wait the waiter attempted to squeeze through a narrow area and knocked my friends purse which was hanging on the back of the chair on the floor and kept going. I know he heard it hit the floor because I was sitting across the table and heard it. He later came over and took our cake menu and didn't excuse himself or apologize for doing so. We grew tired of waiting and considering the rude and discourteous treatment we were receiving and the fact that the waiter was avoiding eye contact, we decided to get a slice of cake and leave.
We went to the counter where the cake is served. There were two people standing there, the guy quickly came from behind the counter and left. The woman who was facing the counter turned her back and never turned back around. Needless to say, we left and will never step foot in this apparently racist establishment again. I wish I could give zero stars, but the system will not allow me to.
This occurred on June 22, 2018 at approximately 1:30 PM

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We had the pork chop and Jezebel chicken (see pics). The chop was 1" thick, perfectly cooked with a fruity glaze. Tender, juicy, very good. The chicken was tender and juicy with a cream cheese stuffing. As other reviewers have said, you must save room for the cake. All the cakes are super moist. Nice atmosphere inside too.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Service RUDE food less than average cake not bad price over the top fries ahhhh cold and burnt bits i have been looking forward to going there for a while it left a bad taste in my mouth

Date of visit: May 2018