“Breakfast off the beaten path”
Review of Thomas Cafe

Thomas Cafe
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Georgetown
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Traveling up 17 from Charleston and happened upon this beautiful little town. Stopped in at Thomas Cafe. It was seat yourself. Everyone friendly. Breakfast was excellent. Big portions. The grits were my favorite but everything was great. Right outside is a wharf with boats and a walkway. Very pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Local café open for breakfast and lunch...I had the flounder basket and wife had grilled chicken sandwich. Both were very good!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

...but the building is in really, really rough shape...the reviews I read all mentioned the “stepping back in time” feeling...no it’s just stepping into an old building that needs a facelift and a good cleaning. Staff was not friendly and we will never go back.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Decided to go into here because it was a recommendation from the Rice Museum. It was seat yourself. It wasn’t busy at all. Food was really good except the broccoli casserole, neither my husband nor I ate it. In fact it was the only thing left on our plates. Service was not great. After we were served the waitress never came to our table to refill drinks. My husband finally got up and went to the counter and ask for a refill. Its a meat and 3 place. Good home cooking. As I was waiting for our food I could see thru the small window in the kitchen. I was turned off by what I saw. One of the cooks was smoking one of those vape cigarettes. I guess since its not a real cigarette they think its ok to do that. Overall the food was good and service was poor. Not sure I-would go back here again.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

I have habited this spot since the early 70s. It is right next to the Town Clock on Front Street downtown. Pete Thomas and his mother were owners back in the day. They are long gone, but the restaurant goes by the same name and it continues to serve up a great breakfast and lunch. Try the fried tomatoes for a side at lunch. They are the best in town. The lunch menu is on the board behind the cash register. Several entrees and a load of vegetables to choose from. I am sure they have desserts, too, but I am too filled to try one.

1  Thank anacondapy