“Good Food, Nice View”
Review of Gulfstream Cafe

Gulfstream Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Gulfstream Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Atlantic Avenue
Transit: Water taxi is available at Marlin Quay Marina.
Description: Voted “best restaurant with a view” and “most romantic” by The Sun News; Gulfstream Cafe is the only restaurant on the Strand overlooking the ocean on one side and Murrells Inlet on the other. Watch the sun set from the upstairs bar or deck and savor the creamy She-Crab soup, jumbo lump Crab Cakes, daily catch or Southern favorites- such as fried Lobster Tail. Offering something for everyone: live music, seasonal Oyster Roasts and Sunday brunch with a build your own Bloody Mary bar. Located at the south end of Garden City next to Marlin Quay Marina.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant has picturesque views and good food. I suggest getting there at 4 and enjoying the early bird menu at a fraction of the price. I had the shrimp and flounder and it was great. Beware of the ranch dressing-it has egg!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I went with family. We weren’t aloud to wait on our other family & had to be seated immediately (resulting in them going somewhere else). They forgot drinks & tried to con other family members of the early bird special by trying to charge full price. The waitress had to go back & change receipts at least 5 times. The seafood was very bland & had no flavor. The only one that our family member liked was the chicken. Very poor service.

CentraArchy-Rest, Guest Relations Manager at Gulfstream Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Cara, We are committed to creating consistent, high-quality dining experiences for all our guests and I'm not sure I entirely understand your experience. Our early evening menu begins at 4pm and is a first come, first served. Were you implying your other party would have arrived after the menu ended? I will make sure your feedback is forwarded to the store's management team, and hope your experiences with us in the future are nothing short of excellent.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

No cheerful atmosphere coming in menu changed glass wouldn't set on table properly man come to light candle I ask was he manager he said no but if he was he would change a lot of things this is terrible is there change of ownership Carolina Roadhouse women manager great there used to be one like that there this review is to help you Gary

Hi Gary, We appreciate your business and thank you again for taking the time to provide us feedback. I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience. We are still proudly family-owned, so no proprietary changes. With that being said, we are committed to creating consistent, high-quality dining experiences for our guests. I will make sure your feedback is forwarded to the store's management team, and hope your experiences with us in the future are nothing short of excellent.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The Gulfstream Cafe is a lovely setting in Murrells Inlet. It is lovely atmosphere and very good food. I had the salmon with portobello mushroom and it was delicious, The Salted baked potato was huge and could be a meal in itself. My friend had the half chicken and made two meals out of it. It was huge and also very delicious. My other friend had the mixed Seafood fried and she said it was very light and Airy and the breading was very good on the food. We would definitely recommend this and go back again. If you go early they have early bird specials. Reservations are recommended during the dinner hours.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went for the early dining seating at 4:00 and there already was a line. Luckily, we got a seat outside overlooking the marsh. We were offered an early dinner menu and along with the regular dinner menu. I had the filet mignon tenderloins which were cooked perfectly and melted in my mouth. My husband had the seafood early dinner were he could choose 2 of his favorites fried and said they were outstanding. We started out with salads that were very fresh, but I was disappointed with the thousand island dressing which had very little flavor as did the green beans that came with the entrees. They could have used some butter and salt. Service was good, but we had many different people bringing our drinks and food. That said, I was impressed enough to buy a gift certificate for friends. If you go--sit outside and enjoy the beautiful vistas. A lovely and delicious dinner.