“Really good food!”

Carolina Cafe
Ranked #9 of 90 Restaurants in Gaffney
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

When we drove past this place n the afternoon, we wondered why there was a restaurant “in the middle of nowhere.” How could it survive? When we came back for dinner at 7:15 it looked like everyone for miles around was there! They said it would be a 30 minute wait for a table for 2 but it was only 15 minutes. We looked at the menu while we waited, so we ordered as soon as we sat down. It took 25 minutes to get our food and the server kept apologizing for the wait. When it came, the food was delicious! I had the Charleston Trio, a fish fillet, 4 boiled shrimp, and a crab cake, with cheese grits as a side. Yummy!! Super good cheese grits. Hubby had fried shrimp that were also really good. The only thing I marked them down from 5 stars was because they changed 59 cents for water with our meals! Seriously?!
Anyway, this is probably the best restaurant in Gaffney.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is truly the best restaurant in Gaffney! I have never had a bad meal here! My favorite entree is the Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon with the seasoned rice..... DELICIOUS! They also have daily specials but the most popular one is "Surf & Turf" Thursday's! Also Make sure you try the wonderful honey butter croissants!They are pretty much always busy but all the tomes I have visited I've never had to wait no more then 15/20 minutes and it is MOST DEFINETLY worth the wait to me!.....FYI!!!THEY DO NOT ALLOW TO-GO/CALL IN ORDERS, they are strictly "Dine-In" Only!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We heard and read so many good things about this place so we decided to check it out. The wait was super long for a table. When we did get a table, we were rushed to get drinks. And I’m not certain they serve alcohol because I never saw a menu from the bar. Steaks were expense for a not think cut steak I could’ve made at home and the sides were forgettable. I guess for Gaffney, this is fine dining, but for me, it was overpriced and not worth it.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

every thing is great , but my Favorite is the outlaw chicken . it is out of this world good . I get is as a meal .

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The food here at Carolina Cafe is great. Love the salmon grilled on cedar plank. Steaks are great too! Took a friend there to eat. He calls every week wanting to come to GAFFNEY to go eat at Carolina Cafe..There is nothing on the menu that isn’t good! It’s all great. If you go to eat there, get there early cause people start lining up at the door at 3:30pm. They open at 4:pm

Been to Carolina Cafe? Share your experiences!