“Small House, Lots of Rooms”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
maclickR7...
Rushville, Indiana
“Book at your own risk!!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My wife, Granddaughter and one of her friends arrived on 7/23/16. The house is in a beautiful location and was close enough to the water with spectacular views. My wife said that she felt like she needed to clean as the base boards door jams, etc., were dirty. We had a window blind on the bedroom window on the beach that we found broken, reported it Sunday but it was never fixed.

We found what I thought were mouse droppings on the kitchen floor but turned out to be little worms. They seemed to come out at night. We picked up what little we could and carried on. However, on Thursday morning 7/28/16, we awoke to our granddaughter and her friend begging us to leave. The reason why was this. These apparent worms were now all over the floors in all rooms. Additionally, the friend now had numerous bug bites on both arms and legs. She had received these bites while she was asleep in the bed.

I gathered up a number (not all) of these bugs, took pictures of them, put them in a clear plastic container and was at the Reality office when they opened. As aggravated as I was with what I was found, the response of the staff was unacceptable. They identified these worms as caterpillars. They stated that they appeared this time of year coming out of the palm trees. They agreed with me that they were gross but that they had them in their houses also.

It should be noted here that this was the 5th summer we had spent at Edisto Beach. The last 2 years we had been at the Moody House and the Wyndam Resort. We had encountered Palmetto bugs, spiders and small lizards on occasion but nothing like what we had now experienced. Their attitude could be boiled down to as," suck it up and move on!"

We checked out that day and I requested a refund or credit as we were checking out 48 hours before oue time was up. They stated that the owner 'may" make the refund. Also, the owner "may" send an exterminator over. We traveled over 12 hours on way, paid over four thousand dollars just to be grossed out by unacceptable accommodations not of our making. The staff would not tell me the name of the owner of their phone number.

After stripping the bed of our linens we found a brown worm crawling along the bed clothing. I video taped that worm. Edisto Reality has not acknowledged my repeated emails about this problem. Additionally, I have emailed the listed owner of the agency as listed on the Edisto Reality website but have received no response.

While understand that not everything is going to go smoothly, I find the interior of the Sea Oats unacceptable and could expect similar conditions from a flea-bag motel not a expensive vacation house. Additionally, I found the response from the Reality office staff completely unprofessional. I could not in good conscience recommend the Sea Oats to anyone.I can accept old but not dirty.

I am normally not a complainer but this was over the top in my opinion

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location on the beach
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
22 Aug 2016
We value our customer's feedback, positive and negative. Thank you for your review. Please know we appreciate your business and hope to see you again.
madams716
Ohio
“Stunning Views, Small Space”
Reviewed 17 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

This house is in a great location and has a really nice deck with beautiful ocean front views. The ocean is literally steps away from the back door. The living room while small also has great ocean views.

Unlike other reviewers, we did not find any live Palmetto bugs (a southern brand of roaches which usually live outside), but we did find 1 dead one in a bedroom which had not been vacuumed up. The management company did assure me the house is regularly treated for pests and had been treated very recently. The cupboards and drawers did not show any evidence of infestation.

The style is definitely consistent with an older beach front home. The house could use a bit of updating. However, if you are a family on a budget looking for an affordable no frills vacation, this house will do the job.

We traveled with 4 adults and 3 kids. The house does have 4 bedrooms and 2 baths, but there is too much furniture for the square footage. The bedrooms are small and packed with beds. There were dressers in each room, but no closets or even hangers.

The kitchen is the most open space in the house, but could be better organized and equipped.

Parking leaves something to be desired as it is just a sandy space in front of the house, large enough to park 2 cars end to end.

We love Edisto and will definitely return again, but while there are some houses we have stayed in which we would rent again without hesitation, this one doesn't make that list. Edisto Realty makes the rental process easy and we have used their services on three separate visits. I highly recommend them.

With some of the shortcomings, but the location and view factored in, if this house had rented for approximately 15% less, I would have rated it a great value.

Liked best: Location and views
Liked least: Size and cramped feel
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
17 Mar 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent Edisto Beach vacation. This is the time of the year when the homes are getting spring cleaned and kitchen inventory is updated - we will definitely re-stock the cabinets. You are so right, this is a great house for a family on a budget who wants to be beach front. There are small rooms but the views!! The owner has already started work to improve the parking - thank goodness the Town of Edisto Beach allows parking on Palmetto Blvd. We look forward to your next Edisto vacation and thank you for being a loyal Edisto Realty customer.
Cristina...
Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
“Ideal beach front location...with pesky roaches and poor maintenance”
Reviewed 24 February 2013 for a stay in August 2012

My family and I have traveled to Edisto Island almost every summer since 1993; so, you can say we have a pretty good idea of vacation rentals at Edisto Island. Part of our family (4 people), our 2 small dogs, and a friend stayed at Sea Oats during August 2012. We were more than thrilled with our beach front location. If we could review our stay based on the location and deck alone it would be 5 stars, however, the old cottage house was not as pleasant. Even though the bathrooms were recently remodeled, we spent our first night at Sea Oats cleaning the entire house (vaccuming, dusting, everything...). It was hard to believe that Maintenance had left a note proving they had just tended to Sea Oats. The palmetto bugs were awful during our stay. Never have we encountered this huge of a bug problem; we actually had to buy pest products to minimize the multitude of roaches. Considering our problems consisted of maintenance issues, we wouldn't turn down Sea Oats to anyone, in the hopes that Edisto vacation rentals maintenance would consider spending more time and effort in preparing homes like Sea Oats. Sea Oats is a great home, it just needs a little bit more attention and care.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beach front location with the deck
Liked least: maintenance issues
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
24 Feb 2013
Thank you for using Edisto Realty for your August vacation. You are so right about the location and the sundeck. What spot. I am sorry that the house was not cleaned to your liking. I hoped you had called our office so we could send someone down to take care of the areas that were of concern to you. Edisto Realty stands behind all of our homes and we want to know when items need attention. I see that we had a report from you for pest control. Pests can be tough to control during certain seasons or even after a heavy rain. I can assure you that the homeowner has the home treated on a routine bases. Please think of Edisto Realty for your next vacation plans.
Macon
Reviewed 15 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
15 Oct 2012
I am sorry that you had trouble with pests this visit. It seems that once it started raining late summer, many homes were bothered with pests. This home has so much charm and being so close the stores and restaurants - great location! Please give us a call and we will be glad to help you plan your next visit.
BeachGirl...
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Small House, Lots of Rooms”
Reviewed 26 September 2012 for a stay in May 2012

It's hard to find a house on the beach for 2 couples. This house was a great value even though it has 4 bedrooms and sleeps many more than we had. There have been upgrades to the countertops in the kithen and bathrooms/some applicances. It still has that old feel due to all the paneling on the walls. Bedrooms are very small and cramped due to the furniture. Dining room table is too big and takes up a lot of space. It was nice to be closer to the top of the island and the beach was literally right there when you stepped off the back deck (which has been upgraded and looks fantastic).

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Proximity to the beach and Piggly Wiggly
Liked least: Cramped, too much furniture stuffed into the house
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
26 Sep 2012
This home is a true beach cottage and it works so well for 2 couples or even just 2 adults and some children. What I like best is sitting on the deck and watching the sunrise (my family rented the house last year and fell in love with it!). Come again - prices are great during the fall and winter months.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing