“Family Beach Trip to Edisto”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
NorieM
Greenville, South Carolina
“Family Beach Trip to Edisto”
Reviewed 24 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
person found this review helpful

Sea for Eva is definitely a great house for families and people with pets, however, there are a few thing that I think need to be done before I would recommend this home to others or stay in it again.

Let's get the negatives out of the way before I get to the positives:
1. It needs a deep clean. The dust on the fan blades, the dust on the window sills, the vents in the bathroom, all of these things were really bad. I'm not a fancy person, but I am a clean one, and if I'm paying to stay somewhere, I would expect there not to be a thickness to the dust that is around. I realize this is a beach house and will have more sand and grit than other places, but it's obvious that this place has not had a deep clean in quite some time.
2. The grass was not cut. There is very little grass to be cut and to be fair, this normally wouldn't have bothered me at all, except that we do have small dogs who were using the green space. And for them to have to walk through grass that isn't cut makes them uneasy about going the bathroom out there. I guess if I owned a rental property, I would just make sure the grass was cut on a regular basis and I expect that of places I rent from.
3. The blinds need to be replaced and curtains put up in bedrooms. The blinds on the windows are 2 dollar plastic blinds and do not keep out sunlight at all. For people with small children who nap during the day, it's nice to be able to put kids down in the dark. And for adults, like myself, who really can't sleep when the room is light, it's nice to be able to pull curtains closed so that the sunlight doesn't wake you up in the morning. There were two bedrooms with curtains on one set of window, but not the other window. And the other bedrooms didn't have curtains at all. It wouldn't cost much to put new blinds on the bedroom windows as well as hang some curtains, and it would make a huge difference.
4. Door mats on the inside of the doors are needed as well as a new (waterproof) welcome mat in front of the main door. This would help keep the floors cleaner and give the house a more completed look at very little cost.
5. New TV stand is needed and board games should be relocated to it. The current stand is very small and also off centered. One could easily be found for cheap on Craigslist or at a thrift store and repainted to better house the television and make the board games more accessible to guests.
6. A guest book should be added. I enjoy looking at who has stayed before me when I visit places and think that presenting your guests with a log to sign shows that you as an owner care about the people who are coming and going as well. I think it also helps guests feel connected to the place where they stayed and to the other guests who stayed before them.
7. A new broom and dust pan should be purchased every year or so as brooms do get old and need to be retired. If guests are expected to clean, I think that a decent broom with dust pan should be provided, especially since guests bring all of the other cleaning equipment.

I realize these things may sound picky and not make a big difference to you, and that is fine. This is my opinion of changes that could be made to the house for a minimum price while greatly enhancing the guest's experience.

And now for the MANY positives:

There are two outdoor showers and a hose/spigot for washing off located downstairs. The outdoor showers are an excellent way to rinse off before heading upstairs and we used them every beach trip. They have doors on them, which is also really nice for privacy since they do face the street. Just past the showers is a nice little gravel area where the grill is located. We never really utilized this area since we had little ones, and it was too close to the street for my liking, but it'd be a nice place to sit and relax with other adults next to a fire pit.

There is an AMAZING screened in porch with lots of rocking chairs, sitting chairs and a large table to relax on. We sat out here a lot with our dogs and children and even ate dinner out here. The beach is across the street so you can hear the ocean (when cars aren't passing) and you can even see the water. It's really, really nice. Just don't leave anything out here that you wouldn't want to get wet when it rains, as it is just under the sundeck so it is exposed to rain.

Speaking of the sundeck, for those who are not faint of heart, there is an awesome sundeck with a great view on top of the screened in porch. It too has lots of seating and would be a great place to sit and tan if you're into that. It's very breezy up there and has beautiful views.

**One major advantage to this home with it's decks and large screened in porch is that all of these things have the ability to be locked. Every set of stairs, every door outside all have a lock on them so that little ones (human or dog) cannot escape. It was extremely reassuring as a parent of little humans and dogs.

Inside the home is very spacious, perfect for little ones. The dining room, living room and kitchen are an open layout, which I think is ideal for families. There is a large dinning room table (really 2 tables pushed together), lots of seating in the living room, and a large counter top with bar stools. It was great.

The washing machine and dryer are located in the kitchen. They are front loaders, lots of room and worked great for us.

The bedrooms are on both sides of the house, with the same set up on both sides. Two rooms with a bathroom in between (not connected). The beds were comfortable in all rooms and the port a cribs we brought fit fine in each room. Three of the rooms had box fans already in them, which was also really nice because, again, when you have little ones, it's nice to turn on a fan when they sleep to help them sleep more soundly.

The bathrooms were fine, nothing special. Water pressure was fine.

Overall, the house was great. It's located right across the street from a beach access. And since the speed limit is 35mph and since we came in September, crossing the street was not a big deal at all, even with children. Also, there is PLENTY of parking for this home in case you are like us and drove several cars.

On the whole, this is a great house for families, especially ones with pets. There are advantages and disadvantages to any place you stay and I feel like for the price we paid, we got a really great deal. I hope that the owners see my review and are willing to make some easy changes in order to enhance the experience of future guests. I'm thankful for our stay and definitely plan on returning to Edisto Island and maybe even to this home again next year.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Screened in porch and showers downstairs
Liked least: Dust build-up all over home
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
24 Oct 2014
Thank you so much for your comments on "Sea for Eva". You are right this is a perfect family vacation home and you can bring your pet. during our staff meeting with Edisto Realty (maintenance, cleaning, inspection) staff we will discuss the cleaning issues. You are right, there should not be dust on vents, blinds, ceiling fan blades, etc. I will make sure the owners receive your observations. These owners love to hear back from their guests, it lets them know areas that need attention.

I hope that you will choose Edisto Realty and "Sea for Eva" for your next vacation. Have a great Fall

Edisto Realty
Ann-Jeff...
“Wonderful find!”
Reviewed 11 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful vacation on your property. The description and pictures on this site do not do this property justice! The added multi level deck is so awesome, and the outdoor showers were very nice too. The house was very dog friendly for our Golden Doodle, and utilizing the outdoor wash station below was perfect for keeping the sand out of the home. The best part was the screened in porch below the main deck. We could all relax with a cold one for a bit and dry off before going inside, it was so nice.

The place was very clean all over, and we were very pleased with all the amenities. We will DEFINITELY be looking to rent this place again when we return Edisto Island!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Deck and convenience amenities
Liked least: nothing, everything exceeded our expectations for the property
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
28 Apr 2016
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your Edisto vacation. We hope that you can come back again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing