“Light fare, good for hot days!”
Review of Eleve'

Eleve'
Reserve with OpenTable
Eleve' is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #130 of 984 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$20 - US$45
Description: Élevé is located on the Rooftop of the Grand Bohemian Hotel on the corner of Meeting Street and Wentworth Street. Enjoy the charm of Historic Charleston and be inspired by our exuberant decor and delicious food. Take our express elevator after stopping in our Wine Bar or Wine Blending Classes for a pre-dinner wine tasting experience.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our first restaurant we stopped at when arriving in Charleston. We had passed others by after reviewing menus because fried, heavy food on a hot evening sounded awful to us. We found this little gem just in time (hunger pangs were taking over). It says it's French but I feel like it's a Californian fare with a side of French: nice and light menu and healthy for a restaurant. I have a food allergy and I asked Katie, our waitress about any concerns and she double-checked with the chef to confirm it was a safe place for me to eat (in the South, this is a bit tricky). I was really too hot to eat (it was a heat wave when we went through, even the locals were sweaty!) so I only ordered white wine and the basil and tomato pizza, light on the cheese. It was perfect for me that night. It really is more of a snack for big eaters but I eat light and had a small appetite that evening. My husband ordered a fish dish and the portion was just about right: a small fish portion with some sort of rice. He didn't finish all of the rice (it was a tad too much but for most Americans, it would be a proper portion).
If you are looking for a lighter fare that is pretty healthy (think California Cuisine), then this is the place: it's not "Hoity-Toity" like so many Charleston establishments try to be. It's simple, classic, easy, comfortable and fits the bill on a hot day. We ate inside rather than out, I didn't want to sweat and have wind in my face but the view we had was just fine!

stevespear2018, General Manager at Eleve', responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the fantastic review! See you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped for drinks after dinner on a Saturday night. The bar/restaurant inside is a nice place and seemed great for a romantic dinner or a date night. The outdoor patio is so fun to sit outside and enjoy drinks. There are a bunch of different types of seating but it isn't huge so it may be hard to find a good spot to sit on a super busy night. We had to stand for a bit and then found a spot as others got up but some of the seating, while cute for the ambiance of "lounge," isn't great to sit at because they are large, round more "lounge" type seating. It looked a bit like the outdoor area of a modern pool area without the pool. We enjoyed our drinks though and it is a cute rooftop bar.

FUN FUN FUN! We are please you enjoyed your evening at the Eleve Rooftop!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went for a drink and a snack (Burrata) after check-in and had a great time and great service. The food was also really good. We also went for drinks after our wine blending class and had great service. Unfortunately, we went for breakfast one morning and service was terrible. We waited 15 minutes with no water or coffee and there were 3 servers and only 5 tables with people. It was not clear if they were serving alcohol so we didn't get bloody marys and we had ankle tackle someone for refills of both water and coffee. The food (the breakfast platter and the benedict) were both excellent and a good price.

Sorry for the minor issues, please call a member of the management team before your next visit, so we can speak with you more. We have corrected the issues to ensure it doesn't happen to future guests.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My date and I went to Eleve' for drinks and a light meal. We were pleasantly surprised by the warm inviting atmosphere. Our server, Lindsey complimented our experience with her knowledge of the wine list and menu options. she was attentive without being invasive. My date had the salmon entree and I had the crab cakes. Both were delightful! We will certainly return and recommend Eleve' to others.

stevespear2018, General Manager at Eleve', responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Thanks fo rthe kind review! We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Elegant place, and I had the best garlic butter escargot I’ve ever had outside of France, the persillade was perfect. Friendly staff, lovely atmosphere. I’m glad we only found it on our last night....it was a highpoint. American cooking with a distinctly French twist.

stevespear2018, General Manager at Eleve', responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thanks for your review, we are delighted you enjoyed the cuisine. Please some see us again on your next visit to Charleston.