“Fantastic service and food; wine dinners are amazing as well”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #148 of 999 Restaurants in Charleston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to the nearest Ruth's Chris Steak House.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Unfortunately, the Freemark Abbey wine dinner was cancelled; however, Amanda called and invited us to still dine and offered us a bottle of the Freemark Abbey wine that was supposed to be on the wine tasting. We were seated in the bar which is always very lively and greeted by our server Samantha. Samantha was incredible. She is professional, attentive and very warm and friendly. The right mix of great service and great personality.

Samantha was joined by Jose who poured the delicious wine and Charlie the food runner. Amanda and Jon, the General Manager, came out to greet us and talked for a while.

The food is always delicious, I cannot get enough of the bone-in ribeye and the wonderful Ruth's Chris preparation. The steak and shrimp were also delicious as were the salad and side dishes of creamed spinach and charred broccoli.

I should have written this in May when I went, since then I just attended the Caymus wine dinner, and enjoyed great food along with Samantha and Jose serving. And then 2 nights ago I also went to happy hour and Samantha was there again along with Brian, one of my favorite bartenders!. That's 3 times of perfect service and delicious cuisine!

Looking forward to more....

Nate K, Owner at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Scott, thank you for reaching out! We know it was unfortunate to have to cancel the Freemark Abbey wine dinner, but I'm thrilled you were able to join us for the Caymus dinner. We're looking forward to many more great return visits, too!

Cheers,

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

As with other Ruth Chris experiences, this location did not disappoint. Was frustrated with wait times at other places but we were able to get a table in the bar area last minute.
Steaks excellent, salmon cooked perfectly. Only reason it is not 5 star is the beer selection was horrible for some reason, just domestics??

Nate K, Owner at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Thanks, Ezio! I am thrilled you enjoyed the steak and salmon. However, it's a shame we didn't have the beer(s) you were looking for. If you have any suggestions as to what 'd like to see us carry drop us a line...we are always looking to incorporate guest feedback to improve the overall experience.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

This location has wonderful staff and the steak was perfect. There is no better steak than Ruth’s Chris. It is an impossible act to follow. We go there every chance we get.

Thank you for a great time!

Nate K, Manager at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give this excellent feedback, Montecresto. I am thrilled you enjoyed the steak! I look forward to welcoming you back again next time.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 4 June 2018

WE were in Charleston before .6.30 PM and feeling a bit peckish saw Ruth and Chris Steak house in the French Quarter they have a before 6.30 PM menu all 4 of us fancied the burger at $9.50 when they arrived they were AUSOM ,staff were friendly nice décor and a pleasant meal

Nate K, Owner at Ruth's Chris Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback, Bob! It was a delight having you join us for happy hour, and I am delighted the burger was top notch. I look forward to welcoming you back again next time you find yourself in Charleston.

All the best,

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

From the host to the manager who actually came by to check on us and sang Happy Birthday to me with our fabulous server Delani, the service was spectacular. We had just left a wedding but my hubby wanted to take me out so we shared Crab Cakes that sizzled as they came out and the Perfect Fix 4 course menu with a 12 oz filet OMGOSH my husband who kept saying he wasn’t hungry since we had just left a wedding was trying to eat my entire steak... we also had the Lobster Mac and it was so delicious. Highly recommend. You will not be disappointed worth every penny.

Thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback! It was a delight having you and your husband join us for your post-wedding birthday celebration. I hope you'll join us again, whenever you're in Charleston next.

All the best,