“Enjoyable experience at Charleston City Jail.”
Review of Bulldog Tours

Bulldog Tours
Ranked #5 of 32 Food & Drink in Charleston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Bulldog Tours is Charleston's best walking tour company featuring ghost tours, history tours, and culinary tours. From Charleston’s enchanting graveyards and cobblestone streets to its hidden gardens of antebellum mansions, Bulldog Walking Tours let's you experience all the charm the city has to offer. We’ll give you a taste of Charleston’s best kitchens, a few friendly ghost stories, or a glimpse in time via The Battery, Rainbow Row, and so much more. With a variety of walking tours operating 365 days a year, we have plenty to explore for the foodie and history buffs alike. Featured on The Travel Channel, CNN, History Channel, Food Network, Southern Living, USA Today, NPR, and New York Times.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My son and I are big fans of Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures and enjoyed visiting the Charleston City Jail tour with *Bulldog Tours. The guide of our tour was informative with history and experiences witch made the tour all more enjoyable.
We plan to visit Charleston on our next vacation and book another tour site with Bulldog tours.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (3 977)
All reviews
"interesting stories"
in 28 reviews
"history lesson"
in 34 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 30 reviews
"paulette"
in 73 reviews

430 - 434 of 3 980 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Everyone I talked to hyped this tour up. So I guess we all had high expectations for it.
I think we would have had a better experience if we had a different tour guide. She was very friendly, but she didn’t project her voice, so half of us couldn’t even hear what she was saying. I kept asking her to to speak up. She never did. We had a girl in our group that had a handicap and couldn’t walk at the fast sprint walking pace that the tour guide was doing. I asked her several times to slow the pace down a bit. She never did.
We walked in circles around a 4 block radius, not hearing much and pretty much just hung out in a graveyard in the dark.
It was an ok tour but it could’ve been a lot better.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
BulldogTours1, Public Relations Manager at Bulldog Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

We are so sorry for your experience. Could you please call us so that we could find out who your guide was? I would like to speak to her about this. We try to have guides wait on people who are slower. That is a not a problem for us and is actually our policy. We hope to hear from you soon so we can talk to the guide in question. Thank you for the feedback. 843-722-8687

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Loved the stories and the scenery however of the three sites only one had a “ghost story.” The rest were stories that were cool and interesting but I would have preferred more stories of ghosts rather than the tragic stories of the living. However, it was so much fun and I would want to book another tour next time I’m in town :)