“Big hit ”

Fleet Landing Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fleet Landing Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 999 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Cumberland
Transit: The Downtown Area Shuttle Waterfront loop runs from Waterfront Park (half a block away from the restaurant) to the Aquarium and the visitor's center every 40 minutes from 9:20-6:00.
Description: Fleet Landing is historic downtown's Best Waterfront Dining featuring classic & contemporary Southern seafood fare, regional favorites, burgers, salads & more. Enjoy waterfront views from the wrap-around deck and maritime chic dining room. Reservations recommended, full bar, parking, family friendly.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Made reservations, good thing too. Got there and the wait was over an hour. We were sat at a table with a nice view. The crab dip was excellent. The grilled shrimp with honey teriyaki glaze was fantastic. We will return with reservations.

1  Thank Jim C
Write a ReviewReviews (5 201)

256 - 260 of 5 204 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

The restaurant is beautiful and the views are very nice. I had heard that Charleston was ahead of game in terms of vegan fine dining but there was not one single item on the menu for me to eat. I had come prepared with my husband - a true seafood enthusiast to be delighted by something. I am happy with grilled veggies and baked potatoes. Avocado toast. Quino and rice......It is easy to please a plant based diet. French fries for appetizers, hush puppies etc....white bread rolls without the lard.

FSL does have a vegetarian menu - but EVERY ITEM has cheese and it is mostly pasta. I ended up asking for a spinach salad (my very sweet waiter had never waited on a vegan before) and it came to the table INCREDIBLY small with nothing on it! They could have added an extra tomatoe or onion when you know its someone's MAIN MEAL!!! We waited close to two hours. I was starving when we finally got a table and I left the restaurant starving. Worst of all - I paid $13 for a small spinach salad. Wake up FSL - there will be a wave of vegetarians and vegans in your future....fix them a plate of something decent.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Pretty awesome. Stuffed hush puppies were phenomenal. She crab soup was great. Very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

I am a local, and have been there a number of times, and most recently, took my sister and her husband here. This was their first time in Charleston. The food is always excellent, the calamari is THE BEST! Eat outside if you can. You will love it.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We had lunch there and had their special gumbo soup and a salad. Their gumbo was probably the best I’ve ever had. Need to make reservations even for lunch as they are very busy.