“Good Food”

High Cotton Charleston
Ranked #43 of 999 Restaurants in Charleston
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Cumberland
Description: High Steppin' Lowcountry Living. It's a feeling of warmth and celebration that begins the moment you step inside. You'll find it in our gracious, knowledgable servers, expertly prepared dishes and a remarkable cocktail and wine program. From conversation and laughter in our bar to our stylish dining rooms of heart pine floors and antique brick, you'll come to understand true Charleston hospitality. That is, there's always cause for celebration - of our neighbors, our food and drink and each other. It's our great pleasure to share it with you.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We were looking for shrimp and grits and this restaurant was recommended .... they were right...delicious. Kristin was a super hostess. We had a lovely last night in Charleston in High Cotton.

1  Thank Carol B
Write a ReviewReviews (2 221)

54 - 58 of 2 221 reviews

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I chose High Cotton for dinner with my sister and niece as we celebrated a "birthday of significance"! The food, service and attention to detail absolutely exceed our expectations! We were seated at a table in the middle of the restaurant that afforded wonderful views of both the restaurant and the street. The atmosphere of the restaurant takes you back in time to a quiet southern dining room. The staff was attentive but not overpowering. Our server; Scott offered dinner recommendations that were wonderful. We enjoyed the She Crab Soup and the shrimp cocktail as appetizers and then the swordfish and evening special as our entrees. The preparation and presentation were excellent. We were also treated to a piece of the coconut cream pie in honor of my sister's birthday; I highly recommend this decadent treat if you haven't tried it. You won't be disappointed! From the moment we walked in, until we departed we were treated as if we were dining in someone's home. The ambiance of the restaurant can't be described; you have to experience if for yourself!
I should add that several days after I returned home, I received a note from Scott thanking me for dining at High Cotton the previous week. Now that tells me that they really understand customer service! We will return to High Cotton and definitely will ask for Scott!

1  Thank Cathy M
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Our second choice for dining excellence in Charleston. This is a very fine upscale restaurant for adult celebrations. Not a place for kids; they will be bored silly in no time. The food is excellent and the Staff will prepare it specially to accommodate a food allergy you may have. In terms of quality of food and service we would rate it second only to Hank's Seafood.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

We had swung by High Cotton for a cocktail and some homemade pastries and were not disappointed! I had the best spicy bloody mary Ive had in a while and my husband had the 199 pineapple orange vodka martini. Jens pastries OMG where do I start? Hands down the strawberry shortcake was my fave. The bar area was comfortable dark wood and fresh flowers on the tables. I cant wait to return for brunch next visit.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Incredible service, is outstanding and the food is delicious. Wonderful place to go to .
Try their oysters and filet.