“Almost perfect”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Faber Street
Description: Slightly North of Broad is a Lowcountry bistro that brings together an abundance of local ingredients and thoughtful, expert presentation with a friendly, contagious energy. Here the dining room is a natural extension of the kitchen, a place where culinary skill, a clever, considered wine program, warm service, and conversations meld together. Our local farmers, fishermen and producers are as integral to the food we make as they are to our place in this community.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The food and decor of this restaurant is outstanding. We thought we would be finishing our carriage tour at noon, thus we made a 1:00 lunch reservation. Because we ended up taking an earlier carriage ride and arrived at the restaurant at 11:30. They accommodated our early arrival.
Hot cornbread and cold butter was immediately presented by an attendant. It took a while before our female server (name unknown) asked for a beverage order. We were pleased that she took our lunch orders right away.
There was nothing terrible about her style, but compared to the male server who was taking care of the tables around us, she was a dud. She seemed to be running on auto pilot. There was nothing in her style that made us feel valued.
I recommend the shrimp and grits. I also had the best gazpacho soup ever.

I suspect there isn’t anything on the menus that isn’t great.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 694)

26 - 30 of 3 694 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went here with an out of town visitor I was looking to impress a bit. Was not disappointed, found SNOB to be one of, if not the best restaurant in Charleston I have been. Seating is tight but still allowed for an intimate dinner. The waiter was the best, great recommendations. I've made it a habit of trying shrimp and grits at the various restaurants that I've been. SNOB's version is definitely the best, they've taken it to another level. Thought it funny that the busboy brought me a spoon after I had ordered it. Started eating with a fork and the waiter suggested i use the spoon, he said you don't want to miss a drop, he was correct. My friend had the BBQ Tuna, almost everyone's head nearby turned when they brought it out, had never seen a piece of tuna so large and it was excellent also. I have a new place where I will take those "special" guests when they are in town

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We ate at SNOB on our fourth and final night in Charleston and this restaurant did not disappoint. Julianna took excellent care of the 4 of us. My husband said she was particularly well versed on all the local beers ( he was very impressed). We had wine and the white wine berry sangria (so refreshing and unique) to start off the meal. The bread basket was filled with both regular bread and corn bread. For appetizers we had the beet salad, strawberry salad, baby lettuce salad, gazpacho and the blue crab soup ( a daily special). All were excellent. My mother in law ordered a beet salad every night of the trip and said tonight’s at SNOB was the best. For mains we had the Shrimp & Grits ( another best of the trip), a tile fish special, and the east coast halibut. The halibut was an extremely generous portion which was perfectly cooked. It was accompanied by bok choy, snap peas, and Carolina rice which was cooked with a bit of coconut milk... incredible. We did not get dessert at the restaurant instead choosing to walk around town and grab a scoop of ice cream. This restaurant is owned by the same restaurant group as Halls chophouse which we ate at the night before. Easily the 2 best meals of the trip. This restaurant has an open kitchen in the back along with a bar that you can eat at near the kitchen. If it were just my husband and I next time I think it would be cool to have enjoy a meal from that vantage point. Do not hesitate to try this restaurant you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have never experienced service like SNOB. By far the worst service i have ever received at what is considered a high-end restaurant. Our tab was $350 and not worth it! Will never go back and will never recommend. Food was average at best.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We tasted different things and they were all very good. The plates were on the small side though. We were particularly impressed by their salads, which were awesome. Excellent service also.